What's happening at BYU?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UtahDan
    *
    • Nov 2008
    • 14496

    #1

    What's happening at BYU?

    About time someone called you people on the carpet. Consider yourselves served.



    If you think BYU upholds traditional family values, think again. Certain department heads, professors, guest lecturers, and students have become a law unto themselves, regularly preaching all manner of progressivism including socialism, radical feminism, anti-Americanism, revisionist history, outdated Darwinism, and popular homosexualism, and continue to be supported, employed, and welcomed.

    The issue of homosexuality is a prime example. Incredible and exasperating as it is, we must face the fact that our beloved and trusted BYU has made concessions, step by step, for homosexuality as an alternative sexual identity to be accepted and respected. This is reflected in the change BYU made to its Honor Code in 2007 (with input from gay activist students) which approved the accepting of openly gay instructors and students. Individuals acting out, however, is still prohibited, although the definition of acting out is open to interpretation, rationalization, and can easily be covered in secrecy. Even though the honor code still prohibits the advocating of homosexuality, advocating homosexuality is definitely happening. Of course all these problems are born of the compromising and soul-killing inconsistency of allowing homosexuality in principle but not in practice.
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69689

    #2
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • pellegrino
      miserere me
      • Jan 2009
      • 12100

      #3
      I just finished reading this and was about to post it. Why are Mormon kooks funnier than gentile kooks?
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

      pelagius

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27877

        #4
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        About time someone called you people on the carpet. Consider yourselves served.

        http://standardofliberty.org/janice5...ningatbyu.html
        It all started when they allowed flip-flops on campus.

        IMHO their ire could be better served at us not getting into the Big 12.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • HauteCoug
          Wants a Silver Fox
          • Oct 2011
          • 899

          #5
          This sounds like something my mom would write.

          Oh hell.

          These are the people who would tell me BYU is liberal. DELUSIONAL.
          what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27877

            #6
            One interesting thing from that article is that Kendall Wilcox was fired from BYU Broadcasting...http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18178938

            That's too bad. He had some serious talent and was a very nice guy at least the few times I met him when I worked there.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69689

              #7
              Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              I just finished reading this and was about to post it. Why are Mormon kooks funnier than gentile kooks?
              In this case, I think "kook" might be far too kind. Holy cow.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #8
                At least I was being facetious:



                jiggling down Canyon Road, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I still can't believe they published that.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  Not many know about the BYU’s counseling office’s invitation to a formerly LDS, ex-communicated acting-out gay man to train its counselors to help sexually confused students accept "their gayness." It was found out at the last minute by concerned Church members who complained, but the result was that the training was merely moved off campus. This was in February 2010.
                  Church members complained that BYU provided counseling services for homosexuals.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • HauteCoug
                    Wants a Silver Fox
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 899

                    #10
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    At least I was being facetious:



                    jiggling down Canyon Road, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I still can't believe they published that.
                    Did you seriously write that?! I love it!

                    So I went and read the "story" of these Standard of Liberty folks. Ummmmm. I can't even figure out how to describe it. It's...just...insane.
                    what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #11
                      Originally posted by HottieCoug View Post
                      Did you seriously write that?! I love it!
                      Yes. I had several others, including a lengthy harangue against people in Alta Apartments who didn't tip, but the digital archives don't go back that far.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • HauteCoug
                        Wants a Silver Fox
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 899

                        #12
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Yes. I had several others, including a lengthy harangue against people in Alta Apartments who didn't tip, but the digital archives don't go back that far.
                        I love it. I was mentioned in a Police Beat note before, but I can't find it in the archives.
                        what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

                        Comment

                        • EuropeanFootballMale
                          Karate/Friendship Master
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 1339

                          #13
                          I knew as soon as they started offering Popular Homosexualism 121 that BYU had gone to hell.

                          Comment

                          • HauteCoug
                            Wants a Silver Fox
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 899

                            #14
                            what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

                            Comment

                            • Viking
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 6470

                              #15
                              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              At least I was being facetious:



                              jiggling down Canyon Road, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I still can't believe they published that.
                              Wuap, that's a good effort. My trolling skills peaked at age 18. I was threatened with expulsion my fresh-per-it year for putting the joke on BYU, which a few administrators rightly took quite personally. Was regrettable.

                              Comment

                              Working...