Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    No females at my stake center #owisdead
    Scratch that, someone brought their 2 year old daughter. I'm surprised the ushers let her through. He must have snuck her in in his suit coat.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• With this rendition of Ye Elders, AA's head is exploding for the second time in as many nights.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        With this rendition of Ye Elders, AA's head is exploding for the second time in as many nights.
        I liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          I liked it.
          Me too.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            With this rendition of Ye Elders, AA's head is exploding for the second time in as many nights.
            Mac Wilberg is a horrible human being who has done more harm to the church than the most virulent of apostates ever could. When I assume control of the Mormon church through violent means, I will make a specific point to spare him just long enough for him to be alive when I decree him to be posthumously excommunicated. Then I will punch his cat.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Mac Wilberg is a horrible human being who has done more harm to the church than the most virulent of apostates ever could. When I assume control of the Mormon church through violent means, I will make a specific point to spare him just long enough for him to be alive when I decree him to be posthumously excommunicated. Then I will punch his cat.
              You are among friends here, AA. Tell us what you really think.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Mac Wilberg's a good dude.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Mac Wilberg's a good dude.
                  Most of these really aren't predictions, with the exception of DDD's excellent prediction that he won't watch much.
                  i'll get us back on track: hearts will be gladdened; voice inflections will be forced.
                  "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                  -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Pres Monson does not seem like a guy suffering from dementia. The unsubstantiated rumors are clearly not true.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Pres Monson does not seem like a guy suffering from dementia. The unsubstantiated rumors are clearly not true.
                      His speech seemed a bit slurred. I wonder if he has had a small stroke.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Pres Monson does not seem like a guy suffering from dementia. The unsubstantiated rumors are clearly not true.
                        I didn't listen, but apparently he gave the exact same talk in 1982.

https://www.lds.org/general-conferen...-life?lang=eng
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post

President hinckley did that once. His talk on bishops was word for word a reproduction of an earlier talk, but for some updated statistics. Wouldn't surprise me if the guy who has to give four conference talks on top of everything else he has to do feels at liberty to phone one in every now and again.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post

Obv you did listen, Phood was SHW's job.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Elder Andersen challenged young members of the Church to record themselves reading Joseph Smith's account of the first vision, listen to it often, and even play the recording for their friends. This will supposedly improve everyone's testimony even though it's a super creepy / weird thing to do.
                              That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                                Elder Andersen challenged young members of the Church to record themselves reading Joseph Smith's account of the first vision, listen to it often, and even play the recording for their friends. This will supposedly improve everyone's testimony even though it's a super creepy / weird thing to do.
                                That's.... a new one. That seems really weird. Anyone try this before?
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X