"Prophet"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wally
    <><><><><><><><>
    • Jun 2010
    • 4137

    #1

    "Prophet"

    The word "Prophet."

    Do you see it having a negative connotation in the general public's perception?

    I looked at a news article about Warren Jeffs the other day and it referenced a guy who was writing a book about him titled: "Prophet's Prey."

    Then I started thinking about the general use of the word in the media and popular entertainment, and I couldn't think of very many instances where it was used in a positive light, except inside of our LDS vernacular.

    Is this just me, or do you see this too?
    22
    Yes
    77.27%
    17
    No
    22.73%
    5
  • Sullyute
    a day late/a dollar short
    • Jul 2010
    • 3308

    #2
    A follow up question for those that vote Yes. Is there another name that we could call the "prophet" that would have a more positive vibe in today's world?

    Examples:

    Trustee in Trust
    CEO - Chief Ecclesiastical Officer
    CEO - Chief Elder of Orthodoxy
    Mope - Mormon Pope
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

    Comment

    • Flystripper
      Degenerate Gambler
      • Nov 2008
      • 14095

      #3
      I voted Yes but only for those people that have not seen this movie:

      [YOUTUBE]oKxFbtLBuLg[/YOUTUBE]
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

      Comment

      Working...