Sikhism

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #1

    Sikhism

    One of our residents is an active practicing Sikh. Well, except for the occasional imbibing. I wanted to see how much of a jack Sikh he was, so I did some reading last night during a slow shift:
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_primary_beliefs_and_principles"]Sikh beliefs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitions_in_Sikhism"]Prohibitions in Sikhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Here is one of their primary books of scripture, also pretty interesting:


    The religion is a lot younger than I thought. And more progressive.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    I remember when I was an undergrad at BYU, there was a Sikh running around campus for a few years. He had a beard and everyone knew him as the "Turban Guy." He kind of reminded me of Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, except he had a beard. This was in the 92-96 era, thereabouts. Does anyone else remember Turban Guy?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #3
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I remember when I was an undergrad at BYU, there was a Sikh running around campus for a few years. He had a beard and everyone knew him as the "Turban Guy." He kind of reminded me of Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, except he had a beard. This was in the 92-96 era, thereabouts. Does anyone else remember Turban Guy?
      I do. I remember being jealous that he didn't have to shave.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Katy Lied
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 9435

        #4
        Does your resident sikh carry an actual knife with him wherever he goes?

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #5
          I wonder if he's a jack Sikh because he's sick of all the jack shit?
          Last edited by DU Ute; 07-11-2011, 11:36 AM.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          Working...