Plan of salvation - kind of a wild "plan"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Borg
    Tour de CS 2013?
    • Dec 2008
    • 1501

    #1

    Plan of salvation - kind of a wild "plan"

    Had a weird thought hit me the other day, regarding the plan of salvation.

    Ok, we're sent here to this world to live, grow, draw closer to God etc., etc.

    Great.

    But what a crazy world it is we're thrown into. A world in which things EAT other things in this plan. The food chain...what? This little thing eat that, a bigger thing eats that, etc.... People KILL other people. But, it is so strange that we actaully EAT part of the living, breathing creations that God placed here as part of that same plan.

    What a violent, crazy world this is...interesting plan.
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

    Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.
  • pellegrino
    miserere me
    • Jan 2009
    • 12100

    #2
    It gets even crazier when people claim that God told them to kill other people.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

    Comment

    • Katy Lied
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 9435

      #3
      With every breath you are inhaling atoms that used to be part of the body of Socrates. Wanna ingest the body and blood of Christ? Take a big whiff.

      Comment

      • Green Monstah
        Royal Rooter
        • Aug 2010
        • 13970

        #4
        I think the T-shirts at Rudy's BBQ and "Country Store" sum it up best:

        "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables."

        It is a little weird, I suppose, but one of the take-aways I enjoy from the temple is "fulfilling the measure of your creation."

        I'm just glad I'm not too far down on the celestial food chain.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

        Comment

        • SuperGabers
          aka... UtahDan's Wifey
          • May 2009
          • 2182

          #5
          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          With every breath you are inhaling atoms that used to be part of the body of Socrates. Wanna ingest the body and blood of Christ? Take a big whiff.
          I think I just sneezed Hitler.

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #6
            Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
            I think I just sneezed Hitler.
            Damn! You are quotable.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            Working...