CUF and missions, by continent

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #46
    Originally posted by John McClain View Post
    Guess you had to have been there
    I'm in no hurry to visit the pearly gates, thanks.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #47
      Europe and Africa. (PU and I went to the same mission). I don't know if I ever asked you if you served in Africa though.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • thesaint258
        aka Benito Hazard
        • Jan 2009
        • 3005

        #48
        Originally posted by John McClain View Post
        Guess you had to have been there
        I was there, and I chuckled.
        Not that, sickos.

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #49
          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          Europe and Africa. (PU and I went to the same mission). I don't know if I ever asked you if you served in Africa though.
          Europe and Africa?

          Portugal Lisbon South (Portugal and Cabo Verde)?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #50
            Pelligrino and I pity the rest of you.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #51
              Originally posted by John McClain View Post
              My mission can be summed up with this joke:
              Recently expired RMs present themselves at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter asks the first where he served. He replies "stateside". St. Peter asks how many baptisms. He says "30". St. Peter looks in his book and finds the mission average was 45, so he turns him away.
              Second missionary from Latin America comes forward. "How many baptisms?" The missionary replies 150. Mission average was 200, so he gets turned away.
              Finally, bedraggled missionary with worn out, moldy topcoat appears. St Peter asks where he served. He replies "France and Belgium". "How many baptisms?" He replies "One, who apostatized 6 weeks later." St. Peter opens his arms and says "Welcome to heaven Elder. Looks like you've already been through Hell."

              Not far from the truth - but I really did love my mission.
              The worst part is that most of those Latin American baptisms were manufactured.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Portland Ute
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 5647

                #52
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                Europe and Africa?

                Portugal Lisbon South (Portugal and Cabo Verde)?
                My friend was in that mission from 94-96.

                Comment

                • Portland Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 5647

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                  Europe and Africa. (PU and I went to the same mission). I don't know if I ever asked you if you served in Africa though.
                  Nope. I was never banished to Melilla or Ceuta.

                  Comment

                  • Portland Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 5647

                    #54
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    Pelligrino and I pity the rest of you.

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10312

                      #55
                      Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      I'm actually starting to see the trend I was looking for. Interesting.
                      Which was . . . ?

                      Comment

                      • Portland Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 5647

                        #56
                        Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        Which was . . . ?

                        Comment

                        • Shaka
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 10450

                          #57
                          When I served in South Africa the Cape Town and Durban Missions weren't yet split. I was able to serve in two Indian areas near Durban so I ate tons of Indian food. We always joked with the newbs that we needed to put a roll of TP in the freezer before we went to eat because the food burned worse coming out than it did going in. That's saying something considering the fact that Indian food makes Mexican food seem tame.

                          Just over halfway through the mish I got a parasite and spent the better part of three days on the toilet. It messed me up and I still have some diarrhea problems.

                          Comment

                          • Portland Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 5647

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            When I served in South Africa the Cape Town and Durban Missions weren't yet split. I was able to serve in two Indian areas near Durban so I ate tons of Indian food. We always joked with the newbs that we needed to put a roll of TP in the freezer before we went to eat because the food burned worse coming out than it did going in. That's saying something considering the fact that Indian food makes Mexican food seem tame.

                            Just over halfway through the mish I got a parasite and spent the better part of three days on the toilet. It messed me up and I still have some diarrhea problems.
                            For whatever reason, I had a hard time adjusting to the food in Spain. Not really any good explanation. I had some pretty severe bouts of GI distress with the shits/vomiting. This went on for about 6 or 7 months. Then, when I returned home, the same thing happened for about a year.

                            When I've been back, I haven't had any problems transitioning.

                            I blame it on the Accutane my mother force fed me in high school.

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #59
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              The worst part is that most of those Latin American baptisms were manufactured.
                              It was just pure coincidence that baptisms went through the roof during the months that school was out.

                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • il Padrino Ute
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19161

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                                Don't feel too badly Port. I pity pelligrino. Not everyone can serve in the one true mission.
                                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                                Comment

                                Working...