Is Pride A Sin?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #1

    Is Pride A Sin?

    Poll
    23
    Yes
    65.22%
    15
    No
    34.78%
    8
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #2
    Could you give me your definition of pride before I vote.

    Comment

    • PaloAltoCougar
      Semper infra dignitatem
      • Nov 2008
      • 16939

      #3
      Ever or always?

      Comment

      • Jarid in Cedar
        CS Institutional Memory
        • Jun 2009
        • 13234

        #4
        No. But pride can lead to sin.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

        -Rick Majerus

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          If it is in the name of love, no.

          If you look back upon your life with a sense of shame, it's a sin.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Sleeping in EQ
            Philosopher of Men
            • Nov 2008
            • 4188

            #6
            It's White Lion's best album, so I voted "yes."
            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              If it is in the name of love, no.
              What more?

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #8
                ETB said Pride is universal sin in conf talk. Don't remember I was young but read it in Seminary. GBH said tho that it is ok for Father to take pride in daghter not having two earrings. Two prophets talk about pride one says ok and one no. Depends on time. TSM at Oct conf said that pride is bad, so right now pride probably not ok.

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                  ETB said Pride is universal sin in conf talk. Don't remember I was young but read it in Seminary. GBH said tho that it is ok for Father to take pride in daghter not having two earrings. Two prophets talk about pride one says ok and one no. Depends on time. TSM at Oct conf said that pride is bad, so right now pride probably not ok.
                  Nice Grape.

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #10
                    My definition of sin: any act that's any less than absolute perfection.

                    Comment

                    • SuperGabers
                      aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                      • May 2009
                      • 2182

                      #11
                      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      My definition of sin: any act that's any less than absolute perfection.
                      Well crap. I better stop trying to make soufflé then.

                      Comment

                      • BlueHair
                        Boom Bitches!!!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2894

                        #12
                        Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        My definition of sin: any act that's any less than absolute perfection.
                        So every single act is a sin?
                        Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                        Comment

                        • BlueHair
                          Boom Bitches!!!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 2894

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                          It's White Lion's best album, so I voted "yes."
                          Wait. Wait. I never had a chance to love you...
                          Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                          Comment

                          • jay santos
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 13652

                            #14
                            Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                            So every single act is a sin?
                            I wouldn't say every act, but you get the idea.

                            Comment

                            • BlueHair
                              Boom Bitches!!!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2894

                              #15
                              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              I wouldn't say every act, but you get the idea.
                              That's depressing.
                              Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                              Comment

                              Working...