The Official "Things I Heard from the Pulpit" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eddie
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 8098

    #1

    The Official "Things I Heard from the Pulpit" thread

    OK - maybe there is already one of these out there, but I looked and couldn't find it. I know there is an open mic Sunday thread - but this isn't limited to just that once a month.


    Yesterday we had a youth speaker who finished her talk with something along the lines of "...and like the Savior has told us, He didn't say it wouldn't be hard, but He promises it will be worth it."

    One of my favorites.

    Any other favorite Mormonisms?
  • Sullyute
    a day late/a dollar short
    • Jul 2010
    • 3308

    #2
    Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    OK - maybe there is already one of these out there, but I looked and couldn't find it. I know there is an open mic Sunday thread - but this isn't limited to just that once a month.


    Yesterday we had a youth speaker who finished her talk with something along the lines of "...and like the Savior has told us, He didn't say it wouldn't be hard, but He promises it will be worth it."

    One of my favorites.

    Any other favorite Mormonisms?

    Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

    For my fridge magnet I wanted to use some knowledge that CougJunkie dropped on me during our golf outing. I thought of using "I never said I never said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it." But I think I may offend a person or two that currently have no sense of humor.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #3
      Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      OK - maybe there is already one of these out there, but I looked and couldn't find it. I know there is an open mic Sunday thread - but this isn't limited to just that once a month.


      Yesterday we had a youth speaker who finished her talk with something along the lines of "...and like the Savior has told us, He didn't say it wouldn't be hard, but He promises it will be worth it."

      One of my favorites.

      Any other favorite Mormonisms?
      I had an awesome seminary teacher in high school (who ended up being the institute director at Stanford and now teaches @ the Y) who called out that myth after a girl raised her hand and said "he never said it would be easy..."
      he said something to the effect of, "well that's not in any scriptures or doctrine, but it does make for a nice little cross stitching"
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      Working...