Meetings ending on time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1990

    #1

    Meetings ending on time

    Heard this in Stake Priesthood Meeting. If a meeting is to end at 9:30 it better end at 9:30 because person may have date with wife at 9:45. Respect that time. I think ETB as SP had rule meetings over by 9:00 so people can see kids before they go to bed.


    Brings me to another point I have seen people in articles on sabbath say not to schedule so many meetings there is no time for meditating, family togetherness or Christian service to sick and aged shut ins. Why early morning counsel meetings and occasional firesides at night. Don't have meeting after meeting in addition to the Sunday block. Meetings and interviews can take all of a leaders time on Sunday. Choir practice can add to that. Probably defeats purpose of sabbath. It is not day of rest for most lds people.

    Brings me to another point. One of my Aunts married out of the church. Last minute husband said kid could not geet baptized at 8. Gave in at 12. I went with the missionaries a couple of times and baptized him. He was ordained a deacon when I had youth committe meeting. I went to his ordination. After could not find meeting.

    I was second assistant. No Laurel or Priest was there. Brother came back and said youth leader was Hillarying that we had plenty of time to play baskeetball and school activities but could not go to meeting.

    I should of maybe made better effort to find meeting. But 10 minutes in ordination besides visiting with people there was more productive than meeting. Not like I missed meeting to see more nfl or nba. Had greater place to be. Had I known others may not have attended I may have made better effort to attend. Too many meetings can be a detriment I think.
  • Clark Addison
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10306

    #2
    Currently 35 minutes into a Seminary meeting right after church. We were promised it would be brief. How long would a non-brief meeting have been.

    Comment

    • Sizzle
      #ThisIsY
      • Nov 2008
      • 9004

      #3
      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      Currently 35 minutes into a Seminary meeting right after church. We were promised it would be brief. How long would a non-brief meeting have been.
      I would have left after 15 minutes. If you can't get all the info out that quickly, then don't tell me it is a brief meeting.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        There is a secret way to ensure that all your meetings end on time. I have figured it out but Im not going to tell you the answer. You need to figure it out on your own.

        This secret method also works for extra meetings, firesides, etc.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Pheidippides
          Liberal Feminazi
          • Nov 2008
          • 14759

          #5
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          There is a secret way to ensure that all your meetings end on time. I have figured it out but Im not going to tell you the answer. You need to figure it out on your own.

          This secret method also works for extra meetings, firesides, etc.
          I know your secret method and employ it often.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69696

            #6
            Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            I know your secret method and employ it often.


            I am applying it today.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Clark Addison
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10306

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              There is a secret way to ensure that all your meetings end on time. I have figured it out but Im not going to tell you the answer. You need to figure it out on your own.

              This secret method also works for extra meetings, firesides, etc.
              I also have a secret method, and usually apply it. I assume it is the same as yours. For various reasons, I didn't apply it today, but it's OK. Today's experience ended up strengthening my testimony of this method.

              Comment

              • pellegrino
                miserere me
                • Jan 2009
                • 12100

                #8
                I feel so out of the club. I wish I knew a secret method that didn't involve just leaving.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                pelagius

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #9
                  My method tops all other secret methods for church meetings.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37983

                    #10
                    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                    I feel so out of the club. I wish I knew a secret method that didn't involve just leaving.
                    You'll notice that the secret method only ensures that your own personal meeting does not run long. Others' meetings are still in danger of dragging on indefinitely.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      My method tops all other secret methods for church meetings.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Moliere
                        One man.....one pie
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 27878

                        #12
                        What meetings?
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                        Comment

                        Working...