We Love you - BKP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1

    We Love you - BKP

    I open my email this morning and see I'm invited to show my love to President Packer. I'm not exactly sure how to get to Worldwide from 6:00am to 11:30pm. Though it may be preferable to watching the BYU-TCU game.
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #2
    This is going to be all kinds of awesome. Look who is attending.

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27898

      #3
      ETB has a FB account? I've seen it all.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #4
        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        This is going to be all kinds of awesome. Look who is attending.
        Amen...Jana Riding is a party animal!
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69747

          #5
          Yikes. I see the dialogue on that page has gotten even worse than it was last week.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Art Vandelay
            Striving for mediocrity
            • Jul 2009
            • 10516

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yikes. I see the dialogue on that page has gotten even worse than it was last week.
            I thought about cropping out Lou's words of wisdom, but then realized when a grown man with a teddy bear avatar speaks for on behalf of the word of the Lord, who am I to crop. Plus Bruce R. seems fine with it.

            Comment

            • DrumNFeather
              Invisible Swordsman
              • Nov 2008
              • 8854

              #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Yikes. I see the dialogue on that page has gotten even worse than it was last week.
              There is another one I've seen as well that has had some pretty brutal exchanges on it as well. Ah the social network.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

              Comment

              • pellegrino
                miserere me
                • Jan 2009
                • 12100

                #8
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Yikes. I see the dialogue on that page has gotten even worse than it was last week.
                that is perhaps the saddest facebook page I've ever seen.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                pelagius

                Comment

                • mUUser
                  Giggity
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1142

                  #9
                  I think it's best for my faith and for my standing in the church to refrain from revisiting that talk.

                  Comment

                  • RC Vikings
                    Known Heterosexual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8789

                    #10
                    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                    that is perhaps the saddest facebook page I've ever seen.
                    I guess you haven't seen YOhio friends list.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #11
                      I will sign. I love BKP. I love everyone, in a way.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #12
                        Every group or culture has an element in it that likes to manifest themselves at a higher level.

                        I will bet there are facebook pages supporting Sarah Palin and ones supporting Barak Obama.

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #13
                          I won't join, but only because I don't want to have to hear about it from BKP the next time we hang out. He is always giving me the business about all the people on his facebook friends list and how many twitter followers he has. He is surprisingly competitive when it comes to that sort of stuff. I think I might send him a poke right now and see how he is doing.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69747

                            #14
                            Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                            that is perhaps the saddest facebook page I've ever seen.
                            Agreed. I just can't fathom how that many people would imagine they are following Christ by engaging in that kind of rhetoric.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              I might send him a poke right now
                              I take it you didn't listen to his talk.

                              Comment

                              Working...