The assigned speakers for tomorrow canceled at the last minute so I'm going to pinch hit. I have over 500 active members in my ward (we should split the week after conference) but many feel very isolated and alone when they go through trials. In a ward of this size it is easy to look around at all the other "perfect families" while being only too aware of our own faults and shortcomings. I'm especially concerned about those going through trials of faith and would like to give words of encouragement. As spiritually helpful the primary answers of read, pray, and attend the temple can be, I would like to talk more than just about doing what everyone already knows they should be doing.
My goal is to encourage, uplift, and possibly comfort those who need it, but as with many things with this calling I feel inadequate. Any thoughts or suggestions?
My goal is to encourage, uplift, and possibly comfort those who need it, but as with many things with this calling I feel inadequate. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Comment