Do you really worry about consequences in the hereafter?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #31
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    The only one of those that I remember is Naugles. How about The Wherehouse, though?
    Totally remember The Wherehouse. Never understood the misspelling. Didn't really add anything and wasn't even a clever play on words, since the word "where" isn't really associated with music or records.

    This was also back when Taco Bell was old school. I dont think Pepsi owned them yet, so the old logo was that sleeping mexican dude with the huge sombrero.

    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #32
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      No. I gave them a similar speech to that we have been treated with by creekster and Babs, above.
      Why does this feel like a verbal pat on the head while I am sitting at the kids table?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • SipiTau
        King of the 3rd Cheek
        • Nov 2008
        • 309

        #33
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        That is a walk down memory lane.

        Get back to me if you want to talk about Music Plus, Naugles, Pup n Taco, Zodys, or Orbachs.
        Sorry to continue to the hijacking, but 3D's post is bringing back memories:


        First encounter with "Mexican" food, always the first stop when we hit the mainland to visit my grandmother.



        My parents took advantage of the wonderful layaway plan they had at this place. Thanks for the trip down memory lane 3D!

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #34
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          That is a walk down memory lane.

          Get back to me if you want to talk about Music Plus, Naugles, Pup n Taco, Zodys, or Orbachs.
          Naugles? We even had it in Sandy. Right close to where SU grew up.

          I loved the taco burger.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #35
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            Naugles? We even had it in Sandy. Right close to where SU grew up.

            I loved the taco burger.
            Yes! Naugles had that bizarre menu of hybrid meals and leftovers. Also, there was no coherency to the menu, in general. You could buy tacos, hot dogs, tater tots, and I also remember they sold this cheese sandwich that I would get when I was a little kid.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #36
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Yes! Naugles had that bizarre menu of hybrid meals and leftovers. Also, there was no coherency to the menu, in general. You could buy tacos, hot dogs, tater tots, and I also remember they sold this cheese sandwich that I would get when I was a little kid.
              I don't remember the cheese sandwich, but the tater tots and dogs were a staple. It was awesome.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #37
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                I don't remember the cheese sandwich, but the tater tots and dogs were a staple. It was awesome.
                if i remember correctly, it simply said "cheese sandwich" on the menu board.

                it was literally white bread with a slice of a kraft singles-type fake cheese.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...