• Show
Clear All

You work out 7 days a week?
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      You work out 7 days a week?
      I try to. Usually I fail (sometimes school makes this impossible for me). So if I shoot for 7 I end up working out about 5 days a week. Rarely do I get in all 7.

I hope that someday I'll be at a place in life where I never miss a day.

Comment

I think your body needs at least one day a week to recuperate, even if you're staggering the type of conditioning you're doing from day-to-day.

Comment

I think your body needs at least one day a week to recuperate, even if you're staggering the type of conditioning you're doing from day-to-day.
          I walk/run seven days a week. I don't run on Sundays though, jest walk between 4-5 miles. Not running is my nod to the sabbath

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I don't.
            I alternate running and lifting and never lift with the same muscle group more than once a week. For me and my body, this works great. There are a lot of runners who never take a day off and aren't any worse off for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
              So no run, but swimming at the pool is ok?

Costco on Sunday is divine. Tons of samples yet very few patrons.
              Well, I don't swim laps on Sunday for exercise, but I'll go to the pool and mess around with my kids. When I swim for exercise, I am by myself, at the gym and focused on burning calories. I'd go for a bike ride with my kids or for a hike or walk but I wouldn't go to spin class or out on a run. Besides, I work out 6 days a week. I think it's good for my body to take a break and why not Sunday?
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                Working out on Sunday is okay in my book. I don't avoid showering or brushing my teeth on Sunday or doing any of the other things necessary to take care of myself.
                Yeah, while I typically take Sunday off as a literal day of rest from running, I don't have a huge problem doing it on Sunday either and have been known to crank out some miles on occasion when my schedule warrants. I run races on Sunday if the races I want to run are on Sunday, although I will seek out a Saturday race first if I am just looking for something in a certain time period.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I have a friend that abstains from marital relations on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

Some of us are on full sabbaticals!

Comment

I have heard this one before too. LOL.

Some other favorites. No shopping online on Sundays. No vending machines on Sundays. Because you know, it's about spending money, regardless of whether you are making people work or not.
                      Last edited by FMCoug; 08-02-2010, 01:57 PM.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

So he doesn't fight with his wife and gets to have sex every Sunday?
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Is it an homage to his mission days?

Comment

Is it an homage to his mission days?
                            He said that the Sabbath was meant as a day for rest. And he felt that was included.

I mentioned something about the Sabbath origionally being on a Saturday....but he is hard headed.

Comment

Good heavens. That speaks volumes regarding how they view intimacy.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Good heavens. That speaks volumes regarding how they view intimacy.
                                Maybe they are fans of the "Two for Tuesday" movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X