I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    I know what your favorite word is! Thanks for sharing.
    If you think it's "bullshit", you'd be wrong; it's "goddamn motherfucker".

Comment

• Originally posted by optimomojo View Post
      thats two words you have to pick one
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
        I don't know what the official Church policy is on that.
        It's ambiguous because it doesn't directly address divorce or custodial versus non-custodial. It just says the permission of both parents is required for minor baptism.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          thats two words you have to pick one
          Hiow about: goddamn-motherfucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Totally agree. Nobody is up in arms about polygamists or Muslims who are held to the same standard.
            Muslims are not held to the same standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot is Cain View Post

Sometimes people will ask LDS Ute fans how they can cheer for Utah and against BYU. That seems like a silly argument. But I'm not sure why someone who disagrees with what BYU stands for, and the beliefs of the church, would want to cheer for BYU.
              This is funny -- if you grew up going to BYU games and that was your childhood team I'm not sure you can change the fact that you like BYU sports. Hell SoonerCoug will attend 3 BYU football road games this year and it's not because he loves the LDS Church and everything for which it stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                Muslims are not held to the same standard.
                They should.
                *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  yeah i thought we had seen the last of those memes? i would like to hear more scenarios in which children would not allowed to be baptized.
                  Guys, this is a trick by DDD so that we tell him more tales of lesbian sex. Don't fall for it
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot is Cain View Post
                    Sometimes people will ask LDS Ute fans how they can cheer for Utah and against BYU. That seems like a silly argument. But I'm not sure why someone who disagrees with what BYU stands for, and the beliefs of the church, would want to cheer for BYU. If you really have such harsh feelings towards the church, and are sure that you know better, then I welcome you to pile on the bitter, disenfranchised bandwagon of the Ute 15% with SeattleUte, MPFunk, and their buddies. You're headed that way, so why wait.
                    Great post. I'm a huge BiC fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by optimomojo View Post
                      WHEN I GO DRIVIN', I STAY IN MY LANE!
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        I thought you took your ball and went home? I am not surprised you are both an apostate and divorced.

I assume UtahDan and Nikuman will show up next.
                        The really sad thing about these kinds of posts is that cj thinks he's a good person. Hell, I bet he even thinks he knows that he's a good person, doing the Lord's work here.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• This clears everything up...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-children.html

He said the new policy restricting children of same-sex couples from baptism until they are 18 originated from "a desire to protect children in their innocence and in their minority years."

"We don't want the child to have to deal with issues that might arise where the parents feel one way and the expectations of the church are very different," he said.
                          Yes, we don't want children of gays put in a position where they feel different and ostracized. ("Dad and Dad, my friend Johnny is getting baptized. Why can't I?") Therefore, we drive them completely out of the church for good while they are young.

In fact, we shouldn't let kids of parents that drink be baptized either... because the expectations of the church are very different.

The bottom line, he said, is that LDS doctrine is changed by revelation, not by church leaders.
                          Yes, just like when the policy was changed to ban the priesthood for blacks. Never mind what that essay says.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            The really sad thing about these kinds of posts is that cj thinks he's a good person. Hell, I bet he even thinks he knows that he's a good person, doing the Lord's work here.

You don't know me.
                            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

I think he's a good person.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                                I think he's a good person.
                                There are no such persons as good or bad persons. We're all just people with healthy or unhealthy activities and habits.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X