I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
    Does anyone care to guess what today's Sunday School lesson was? In the teacher's words, it was on "the Lord's principles of warfare." He then gave a lesson that would have made Eagle Forum members very proud.
    Details, please.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I learned that the new mission president wants the missionaries to do at least 10 hours of service a week and be home teachers.

I also learned that Gladys Knight is coming to do a fireside in a few weeks.

Comment

• I learned in Church yesterday that the Church is phasing out those huge push vacuums in every chapel. That was my go-to assignment for building cleanup because I don't clean bathrooms and taking out the trash doesn't take long enough so you wind up having to do two things.

The guy in charge read a letter from SLC indicating that in the interest of "safety" for those that volunteer in the chapels, we were not to use the big vacuums anymore. In fact ours was already gone. Since I had no desire to vacuum the entire chapel with a small vacuum, I cleaned the glass (rebounded).

I guess someone must have been injured goofing around with the large push vacuums.

RIP large push vacuums.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I learned in Church yesterday that the Church is phasing out those huge push vacuums in every chapel. That was my go-to assignment for building cleanup because I don't clean bathrooms and taking out the trash doesn't take long enough so you wind up having to do two things.

The guy in charge read a letter from SLC indicating that in the interest of "safety" for those that volunteer in the chapels, we were not to use the big vacuums anymore. In fact ours was already gone. Since I had no desire to vacuum the entire chapel with a small vacuum, I cleaned the glass (rebounded).

I guess someone must have been injured goofing around with the large push vacuums.

RIP large push vacuums.
          Maybe they'll be asking members to supply their own vacuums.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
            Does anyone care to guess what today's Sunday School lesson was? In the teacher's words, it was on "the Lord's principles of warfare." He then gave a lesson that would have made Eagle Forum members very proud.
            This is an object lesson on one positive of Correlation.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Plan of Salvation Lesson in GD today.

Celestial Kingdom = Utah County
              Terrestrial = Salt Lake County
              Telestial = Las Vegas
              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                Plan of Salvation Lesson in GD today.

Celestial Kingdom = Utah County
                Terrestrial = Salt Lake County
                Telestial = Las Vegas
                Too bad the didn't throw in outer darkness.

Comment

• In GD I learned that we should be bold in discussing the gospel and not be afraid to offend people. In EQ I learned that we should be sensitive to people of other faiths and seek to not offend and just try to love them.

I also learned that persecution against Mormons is getting worse everyday and it will continue to get worse.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    In GD I learned that we should be bold in discussing the gospel and not be afraid to offend people. In EQ I learned that we should be sensitive to people of other faiths and seek to not offend and just try to love them.
                    So have you decided what you are going to do?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I learned in Church yesterday that the Church is phasing out those huge push vacuums in every chapel. That was my go-to assignment for building cleanup because I don't clean bathrooms and taking out the trash doesn't take long enough so you wind up having to do two things.

RIP large push vacuums.
                      I got in trouble for taking the big push vacuum completely apart to fix it. I was told to never touch it again.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        I got in trouble for taking the big push vacuum completely apart to fix it. I was told to never touch it again.
                        Did you fix it?
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• I learned today that our Asian high councilman can speak with a strong Texas accent. I was so mesmerized I don't recall what his talk was about now.
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-12-2012, 02:24 PM.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                            Did you fix it?
                            Well, sort of. I found that the switch was bad so I just "hot wired" it. After that we had to unplug it to turn it off.
                            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-12-2012, 02:20 PM.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Well, sort of. I found that the switch was bad so I just "hot wired". After that we had to unplug it to turn it off.
                              Sounds like a subpar electrical job.

I wouldnt be surprised if you are the reason the Church has eliminated the large push vacuums.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a subpar electrical job.

I wouldnt be surprised if you are the reason the Church has eliminated the large push vacuums.
                                so does this mean you have to clean bathrooms now?

Comment

Working...
                                X