I am not a huge fan of using the Gospel Principles manual in Priesthood. We have a pretty good instructor in our group who keeps things interesting, but you can tell that he sometimes struggles. Unfortunately, he is out of town this week, and asked me to substitute Friday afternoon.
Ugh. The lesson is "The Life of Christ". This is obviously not a narrow topic, but asking a bunch of questions like "Why did Christ organize his church?" isn't going to lead to a very good discussion. A lesson on "The Life of Christ" demands a lot more time than I have been able to give it. Maybe I should just dismiss them early for Father's Day.
As is my custom, I'll be checking CUF during sunday school, so feel free to share any ideas here.
Ugh. The lesson is "The Life of Christ". This is obviously not a narrow topic, but asking a bunch of questions like "Why did Christ organize his church?" isn't going to lead to a very good discussion. A lesson on "The Life of Christ" demands a lot more time than I have been able to give it. Maybe I should just dismiss them early for Father's Day.
As is my custom, I'll be checking CUF during sunday school, so feel free to share any ideas here.
Comment