You've gotta be kidding me

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FMCoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 6825

    #1

    You've gotta be kidding me

    So my wife and I have to speak in Sacrament Sunday. Anyway, the topic are a pair of conference talks. The one I got? Elder Holland's porn talk last conference. What the crap am I supposed to do with that?
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #2
    Just remember the counsel that we are not to utilize visual aids in sacrament talks.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15668

      #3
      Something else. Tell them the spirit told you to do it.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • FMCoug
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 6825

        #4
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        Just remember the counsel that we are not to utilize visual aids in sacrament talks.
        OTOH if I wanted to guarantee to never be asked again ...
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #5
          Change it to "Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts Unceasingly" and concentrate on the value of good input -- leave it to the listener to make the connection with the consequences of bad input.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • FMCoug
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 6825

            #6
            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            Change it to "Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts Unceasingly" and concentrate on the value of good input -- leave it to the listener to make the connection with the consequences of bad input.
            That's a pretty good idea. In fact, Elder Holland touches on that some so it would be a good segue.
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Just read the talk verbatim as fast as you can then sit down.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • FMCoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 6825

                #8
                Maybe I should make up a bunch of stuff about my own affairs, porn addiction, etc. and how I overcame them! A guaranteed memorable talk!
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #9
                  Give examples of good porn and how to properly discriminate between the two.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Guest

                    #10
                    For the entire talk refer to it as "pron."

                    Comment

                    • FMCoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6825

                      #11
                      Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                      For the entire talk refer to it as "pron."
                      Maybe I should just paraphrase the entire pron thread.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #12
                        Think of the positive. You really should do some research on the subject before speaking about it.

                        Comment

                        • mUUser
                          Giggity
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 1142

                          #13
                          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                          Just read the talk verbatim as fast as you can then sit down.
                          You crack me up bro.

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #14
                            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            Think of the positive. You really should do some research on the subject before speaking about it.
                            LOL, "Brothers and Sisters I spent hours looking at this stuff over the past couple of days, often at work. You should avoid it."
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Mr Incredible
                              Faded Pre-Madonna
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 826

                              #15
                              Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                              So my wife and I have to speak in Sacrament Sunday. Anyway, the topic are a pair of conference talks. The one I got? Elder Holland's porn talk last conference. What the crap am I supposed to do with that?
                              We are often assigned topics that are the most relevant for us at the time.

                              This space is available.

                              Comment

                              Working...