No announcement yet.

LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure you need one for clerk.

I would be surprised if that didn't include all auxiliary presidencies, but I can't say for certain. I'm guessing some of that is up to the bishop - I know ours won't put people in certain positions without one. Which would include youth sunday school classes. But I doubt that's in the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I have to admit I'm weighing my options right now.
      In my stake, a TR seems to be required for YM/YW presidencies. But not for scout master, 11-year old scout master, and any calling to do with Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts. We had a large deacons quorum and ended up going to two quorums for a while. The 2C in the YM presidency wanted nothing to do with scouting so all of that fell to the SM and the assist-SM. It was enough for the poor SM to want to get his TR. It appeared if a Father had a deacon-aged son but no TR, he was a lock for a scout related calling as punishment.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

I wonder what the dividing line is for callings that require a temple recommend. Is there one? Obviously you couldn't be in the bishopric without a TR. EQ presidency? GD teacher? Youth sunday school? Financial clerk?
        What was the out of closet/open relationship homosexual guy in San Francisco that was in the news a few years ago. Executive Secretary? Yes. Mitch Mayne, executive secretary.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          What was the out of closet/open relationship homosexual guy in San Francisco that was in the news a few years ago. Executive Secretary? Yes. Mitch Mayne, executive secretary.
          Maybe he wasn't donking anyone and still qualified for a TR.

Comment

• seminary teacher has to have one.

Comment

• This is lame. I think that having a TR should exempt you from certain callings, or at the very least, you should get a 20% discount for flashing it at DesBook. This is how I would get the TR statistics up if I were Bish, I would work with local businesses to give discounts to TR holders for flashing their TR at local establishments. This may only work in Utah, but we won't know until some brave soul in a bishopric in Texas, or wherever else tries it out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                Maybe he wasn't donking anyone and still qualified for a TR.
                Does one donk other people or things? I'm not remembering all the details about his situation, but I seem to remember that not only was he openly gay, but was in a long term relationship, which would be a big Chastity no-no. Regardless if there was "donking" or not. I could very well be just mis-remembering.

Comment

• The handbook does say which callings require a temple recommend. Bishopric and clerk (clerks are technically in the bishopric) are definitely in there as well as YM presidency.

I'm not hating the garments much. I recently ordered some bottoms and was given the option of "short" so I took it since I'm not really very tall. Turns out the garments come up almost mid thigh when I sit down. They are pretty much boxer/briefs.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I wonder what the dividing line is for callings that require a temple recommend. Is there one? Obviously you couldn't be in the bishopric without a TR. EQ presidency? GD teacher? Youth sunday school? Financial clerk?
                    At the ward level, the question you need to ask is whether the calling involves money in any way (ward clerk, assistant clerk, member of bishopric). Then you need a TR. Other than that, Executive Secretary. A TR is not expressly required for a calling to the EQ Presidency, RS Presidency, YM/YW Presidency, or Primary Presidency, but in a large ward, I'd say it would be highly unlikely for the head of each organization not to have a TR.

At the stake level, again a major question is whether the calling involves money (stake clerks, assistant stake clerks, stake auditors), and again the stake executive secretary. Also, pretty much anyone involved with seminary - CES employees, seminary teachers, supervisors.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                      At the ward level, the question you need to ask is whether the calling involves money in any way (ward clerk, assistant clerk, member of bishopric). Then you need a TR. Other than that, Executive Secretary. A TR is not expressly required for a calling to the EQ Presidency, RS Presidency, YM/YW Presidency, or Primary Presidency, but in a large ward, I'd say it would be highly unlikely for the head of each organization not to have a TR.

At the stake level, again a major question is whether the calling involves money (stake clerks, assistant stake clerks, stake auditors), and again the stake executive secretary. Also, pretty much anyone involved with seminary - CES employees, seminary teachers, supervisors.
                      What stake are you in LVAllen?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        The handbook does say which callings require a temple recommend. Bishopric and clerk (clerks are technically in the bishopric) are definitely in there as well as YM presidency.

I'm not hating the garments much. I recently ordered some bottoms and was given the option of "short" so I took it since I'm not really very tall. Turns out the garments come up almost mid thigh when I sit down. They are pretty much boxer/briefs.
                        are you just getting the short sizing? ive worn those since i first went through the temple. I've only owned one pair that were not "short" sized. I bought them on my mission through the mission office. Didnt like them.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                          Does one donk other people or things? I'm not remembering all the details about his situation, but I seem to remember that not only was he openly gay, but was in a long term relationship, which would be a big Chastity no-no. Regardless if there was "donking" or not. I could very well be just mis-remembering.
                          I think you're mis-remembering. I seem to remember him saying that he wasn't in a relationship at the time and was planning to live the LDS lifestyle, but would have to see what happened in the future if he found someone. I remember thinking it sounded like his commitment was temporary at best. But probably honest as far as not being sure what he would do if he found someone.

Comment

• I need to look into these short length G's. My come way too far down. The length is down to my knee, but my shorts are above knee. I feel like a chick trying to alter my G's to work with my shorts!
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              The handbook does say which callings require a temple recommend. Bishopric and clerk (clerks are technically in the bishopric) are definitely in there as well as YM presidency.

I was pretty neutral on them until this last pregnancy when my wife discovered the maternity panel. Despite looking amazing six months later, I still have moments of maternity panel PTSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                I need to look into these short length G's. My come way too far down. The length is down to my knee, but my shorts are above knee. I feel like a chick trying to alter my G's to work with my shorts!
                                wtf is wrong with you people? i ass-u-med everyone bought short length? it isnt some special secret thing. You can just ask for them and they give them to you.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X