Missing Sunday AM talk -- was it too controversial?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Parrot Head
    Operation Hot Mother
    • Nov 2008
    • 2322

    #1

    Missing Sunday AM talk -- was it too controversial?

    I've been trying to catch up on the talks I missed from GC and noticed that one from Sunday AM isn't available to watch individually. Was the Primary President (Cheryl Lant?) that over the top?!

    I highly doubt it and have seen that it is available if you select the "View Entire Session" option, but I'm using that as my excuse to not watch it. Do they select the Primary Presidency on the ability to talk in that chipper I-only-know-how-to-talk-to-little-kids voice?
    I have nothing else to say at this time.
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #2
    Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
    I've been trying to catch up on the talks I missed from GC and noticed that one from Sunday AM isn't available to watch individually. Was the Primary President (Cheryl Lant?) that over the top?!

    I highly doubt it and have seen that it is available if you select the "View Entire Session" option, but I'm using that as my excuse to not watch it. Do they select the Primary Presidency on the ability to talk in that chipper I-only-know-how-to-talk-to-little-kids voice?
    Let me put it this way. If we had GC fantasy teams where the different teams picked speakers and points were awarded for how many times the words/phrases "principles," "nurture," "faith," "obedience," "power of the priesthood," "worthy priesthood leader," and "inside the home" are packed into a given talk, Cheryl Lant would have been 2006 LaDainian Tomlinson.

    Is it too much to ask to have President Monson's daughter speak at every GC? Sporting an ear to ear grin while recounting a guy's tragic accidental plunge off of a bridge remains an indelible conference moment for me.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment

    Working...