So if your son doesn't go on

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #1

    So if your son doesn't go on

    a mission, can you use Jake Heaps as a cop out as to why your son didn't go.

    Of course I see that come up on Cougarboard, it is expected. I do wonder though at BYU if someone of Heaps status would get pressure from any influential people to go, because of the example it would set if he didn't.

    I don't respect parents who blame the example of a football player for making it tough to raise a kid and make him do what the parent wants him to do. Why should that guilt trip be layed on someone.
  • SoCalCoug
    Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
    • Nov 2008
    • 5214

    #2
    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    a mission, can you use Jake Heaps as a cop out as to why your son didn't go.
    If he's starting QB at a Division I school instead.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

    "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

    "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

    Comment

    • SloanHater
      Banned
      • Feb 2009
      • 1348

      #3
      If/When I have a son and he chooses not to serve a mission, I will definitely blame Heaps/Max/Bronco.

      Comment

      • mUUser
        Giggity
        • Jul 2009
        • 1142

        #4
        My son will go to spite Heaps.

        Comment

        • old_gregg
          scaly man fish
          • Nov 2009
          • 16915

          #5
          am i the only lds raised non-rm on the board?
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #6
            Originally posted by camleish View Post
            am i the only lds raised non-rm on the board?
            No.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • Mrs. Funk
              Lawyer Wannabe
              • Nov 2008
              • 2690

              #7
              Originally posted by camleish View Post
              am i the only lds raised non-rm on the board?
              Nope. Neither Funk nor I have served a mission.
              "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by camleish View Post
                am i the only lds raised non-rm on the board?
                Thomas S Monson lurks here.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • mUUser
                  Giggity
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1142

                  #9
                  Originally posted by camleish View Post
                  am i the only lds raised non-rm on the board?




                  For most my adult life I regretted not going. I don't feel that way anymore.

                  Comment

                  Working...