What do you believe about god?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • optimomojo
    Banned
    • Dec 2009
    • 63

    #1

    What do you believe about god?

    000
    35
    I believe in the God of Mormonism
    62.86%
    22
    I believe in a mainstream God of Christianity
    0.00%
    0
    I believe in a variation of the Christian God
    0.00%
    0
    I believe in a non-Christian version of God
    0.00%
    0
    I believe in God, but undecided about characteristics
    8.57%
    3
    I'm undecided about God
    20.00%
    7
    I don't believe there is a God, god or gods.
    2.86%
    1
    Other
    5.71%
    2

    The poll is expired.

    Last edited by optimomojo; 07-02-2015, 04:10 AM.
  • landpoke
    Never once baby snatched
    • Nov 2008
    • 4183

    #2
    Originally posted by SonOFpeRdiTioN View Post
    What do you believe about god?

    If you are agnostic or atheist, why?

    If you believe there is a God, but not the God of Mormonism, why?

    Besides the poll, here's joke:

    What do you call a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac?

    Some one who stays awake at night wondering if there is a dog?
    That's one of my two standard jokes. The other is:

    A man walks into a bar.

    Ouch.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

    Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

    Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    …
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

    Comment

    • scottie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 5247

      #3
      I voted undecided, but a more descriptive choice for me would have been "I have hope there is a God, but I've yet to find any definition that makes sense to me." BTW, I have no expectation that I'll ever find an explanation/definition that does make sense because it's an illogical thought to begin with -- who created God?. I do feel that Mormons (and probably other churches) spend too much time and energy defining God.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #4
        For the record, you get -1,000 points for making this a public poll. This isn't something that most people would share publicly if they were having doubts. This is why we have a Speakeasy.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • UtahDan
          *
          • Nov 2008
          • 14496

          #5
          Since you didn't capitalize his name, I feel like this is a trap. I won't take the bait!

          Comment

          • RobinFinderson
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 10548

            #6
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            For the record, you get -1,000 points for making this a public poll. This isn't something that most people would share publicly if they were having doubts. This is why we have a Speakeasy.
            *AHEM* Speak for yourself.
            Last edited by RobinFinderson; 02-04-2010, 02:21 PM.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #7
              Originally posted by landpoke View Post
              That's one of my two standard jokes. The other is:

              A man walks into a bar.

              Ouch.
              My two are:

              What'd the fish say when he swam into a wall? Dam.

              What'd the other fish call the fish who swam into the wall? Dumb Bass.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • RC Vikings
                Known Heterosexual
                • Nov 2008
                • 8789

                #8
                Originally posted by scottie View Post
                " BTW, I have no expectation that I'll ever find an explanation/definition that does make sense because it's an illogical thought to begin with -- who created God?.
                On the other hand I don't know if it makes sense to believe this all happened without a God.

                Comment

                • RC Vikings
                  Known Heterosexual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8789

                  #9
                  Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                  That's one of my two standard jokes. The other is:

                  A man walks into a bar.

                  Ouch.
                  Did you hear about the guy that lost his left side?

                  He's all right.

                  Comment

                  • UtahDan
                    *
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14496

                    #10
                    Mine is, whenever ducks or geese fly by in V formation, to say "ever notice how one side of the V is longer than the other? Do you know why that is?" Pause......"it's because there are more ducks on one side."

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                      Mine is, whenever ducks or geese fly by in V formation, to say "ever notice how one side of the V is longer than the other? Do you know why that is?" Pause......"it's because there are more ducks on one side."
                      Why are their more ducks on one side?

                      Perhaps a few ducks were taken by hunters.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • pellegrino
                        miserere me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12100

                        #12
                        I'm a little confused about the "God of Mormonism" category. I don't mean to be polemical, but can anyone really define what that is, or we just going with the basics: All knowing, loving, powerful, etc. Has a body of flesh and bone, is called Elohim?
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

                        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                        pelagius

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #13
                          Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                          I'm a little confused about the "God of Mormonism" category. I don't mean to be polemical, but can anyone really define what that is, or we just going with the basics: All knowing, loving, powerful, etc. Has a body of flesh and bone, is called Elohim?
                          that alone wipes out pretty much every other christian denomination.

                          Add that God is an exalted man and that we are headed in that direction and wallah you have The God of Mormonism.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Shaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 10450

                            #14
                            Had there been a selection titled, "Variation of a Mormon God" I might have checked it.

                            Comment

                            • John McClain
                              Comfortably Numb
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 1012

                              #15
                              I believe in the God seen by Joseph Smith (or the God of Mormonism; this is how I prefer to define Him). I also believe the world and other worlds were created as set forth in the Big Bang theory, and I believe that is the mechanism God used to create universes. I am also amazed and awed at the wonder of God our Father and the many questions that we don't yet have answers for. That is why I love faith, not just as a concept, but as a principle of living.
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...