No announcement yet.

John Dehlin is thinking about bringing Mormon Stories back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years before Dehlin were we here and on Waters' board talking about the same issues he raised. What his cause was was much ado about not much.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      How many years before Dehlin were we here and on Waters' board talking about the same issues he raised. What his cause was was much ado about not much.
      Yet you let him become your voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Do you want to see my 8 tracks? I even met Mr. Lear who invented them. He and his wife lived in Reno for a long time. I never got to ride in his jet though.
        Sure!
        Can we road-trip and listen to the 'Jonathan Livingston Seagul' book on 8-track-tape?
        I intend to live forever.
        So far, so good.
        --Steven Wright

Comment

• For those of you who are navigating faith and various other crises, Dehlin is accepting a limited number of clients for 'coaching'.

http://www.johndehlin.com/privatepractice/

Please note, this isn't counseling, as he takes pains noting in his bio page. Thanks to Kate Kelly or whoever was ranting a while back, we know he isn't licensed.

He charges a reasonable $200/hour, cash or check preferred, though he will take credit cards and paypal. It goes without saying, he doesn't accept insurance. He will see you in person or via Skype. No mention if his coaching is discounted if you do it online with him.

Oh...brother. I am sympathetic to Dehlin more than others on here, but this is pretty lame. Any faith or sexual transition will have significant background issues that will need to be dealt with. Go to someone who has done this for awhile. And one who can accept insurance.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Faith crisis consultant
            Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            For those of you who are navigating faith and various other crises, Dehlin is accepting a limited number of clients for 'coaching'.

Please note, this isn't counseling, as he takes pains noting in his bio page. Thanks to Kate Kelly or whoever was ranting a while back, we know he isn't licensed.

He charges a reasonable $200/hour, cash or check preferred, though he will take credit cards and paypal. It goes without saying, he doesn't accept insurance. He will see you in person or via Skype. No mention if his coaching is discounted if you do it online with him.

Oh...brother. I am sympathetic to Dehlin more than others on here, but this is pretty lame. Any faith or sexual transition will have significant background issues that will need to be dealt with. Go to someone who has done this for awhile. And one who can accept insurance.
            Wow. That is funny.

SU does this stuff for free! Faith crisis consultant (TM)
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              For those of you who are navigating faith and various other crises, Dehlin is accepting a limited number of clients for 'coaching'.

How is this less of a waste of money than calling the psychics who advertise on late night TV? They only cost $1 a minute, so cheaper. I'm guessing they're a lot more entertaining too.

Comment

• I am curious why he isn't licensed. Perhaps he's just working on getting the requisite number of supervised hours.

Still, seems strange.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I'll coach people for $300 per hour. You get what you pay for.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I can't really afford $200 an hour, but I could probably do $100. I think I might just have my buddy on the Skype call with me and we can split it.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• It's times like these I wish the Jerky Boys were still around...they'd have a field day on this one.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Faith crisis consultant

Wow. That is funny.

SU does this stuff for free! Faith crisis consultant (TM)
                        He should charge half and throw in his bible book for free. The transitioners would flock to him!
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

His first class should be how to go into a bar and order a drink. Second class they could go into a UA outlet and get some underwear. $400 may seem like a lot for this but it would probably do a person more good than the crap he's going to tell them.

Comment

• The dude is kind of a genius. He creates faith crises through Mormon Stories and then counsels folks experiencing crises. It's a great circle.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              The dude is kind of a genius. He creates faith crises through Mormon Stories and then counsels folks experiencing crises. It's a great circle.
                              It's a racket!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.”

Funny how true that is.
                                Where would you put the civil rights movement and equality for women and LGBT on this continuum?
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X