Interesting story

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15664

    #1

    Interesting story

    Utah Legislator Christine Johnson, a former member of the LDS Church and open lesbian, is pregnant with the surrogate child of a homosexual couple. This article about her offers an interesting snapshot of the gay rights movement, surrogacy, Utah politics, and the church, including an interesting vignette involving President Hinckley.

    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15664

    #2
    Then, to make matters more interesting, her daughter weighs in:

    I am Rep. Johnson's 17 year old daughter mentioned in this article. For those of you who have offered their support for what my mother is doing for this wonderful couple, I'd like to thank you. Despite being a private affair, the compassionate and tolerant comments of her constituents is greatly appreciated.

    For those of you who think otherwise, my only question is why? How could it be wrong to bring a child into a secure and loving home, surrounded by guardians who want it to be here so intently? The only criticism and hardship this child will endure will be from peers who resemble you; who are close-minded and ignorant. From those who are convinced love only comes in the form of a heterosexual relationship. As far as a "say in the matter" goes, I consider myself blessed to have been raised by a mother who loves me, who just happens to be a lesbian. While I will always respect any opinion a person may harbor, I hope you all will remember that with every comment negating homosexual families, you are deeply offending me as well as my baby brother or sister.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3
      Originally posted by All-American View Post
      Then, to make matters more interesting, her daughter weighs in:
      I saw that. I couldn't get through the article fast enough because I wanted to see the comments. I was kind of disappointed. I expected more vitriol and fireworks.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15664

        #4
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I saw that. I couldn't get through the article fast enough because I wanted to see the comments. I was kind of disappointed. I expected more vitriol and fireworks.
        Oh, there was plenty of that, I thought.

        This article provides a lot on which to comment. Even the fact that the Deseret News would publish such a positive article on the subject is very telling.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #5
          Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Oh, there was plenty of that, I thought.

          This article provides a lot on which to comment. Even the fact that the Deseret News would publish such a positive article on the subject is very telling.
          I should have poured deeper into the comments then maybe.

          No way that article gets published without the Hinckley angle. But you're right regardless. Surprising that the DesNews puts this out.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...