I don't really know how to introduce this

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18016

    #676
    Loooove the nuance that he swung and is searching where the ball went.
    Bravo, McNaughton.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #677
      Is there actually a person that would buy that painting and hang it in their home or office? I think even IPU would probably feel a little sheepish having that hanging on the wall of his family room and explaining to guests "he's just such a bad president I felt the need to remind myself daily."
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Paperback Writer
        Signature won a Pulitzer
        • Nov 2010
        • 5211

        #678
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Is there actually a person that would buy that painting and hang it in their home or office? I think even IPU would probably feel a little sheepish having that hanging on the wall of his family room and explaining to guests "he's just such a bad president I felt the need to remind myself daily."
        One must not over look the gift giving potential in McNaughton's work. The Tiger Woods Obama is perfect for byu71's next Christmas gift. Still waiting for McNaughton's Global Warming-Pseudoscientific Fraud masterpiece for Lebowski's Christmas gift. Maybe he's already painted it and I missed it.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #679
          what a waste of tax payer dollars. You launch a nuke and then just start throwing in some hellfires for fun. The guy just doesn't care!

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27877

            #680
            I'm just glad that Obama can find happiness in the middle of a nuclear war. We should all try to be a little more like Obama.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • snowcat
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 1348

              #681
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Is there actually a person that would buy that painting and hang it in their home or office? I think even IPU would probably feel a little sheepish having that hanging on the wall of his family room and explaining to guests "he's just such a bad president I felt the need to remind myself daily."
              Sean Hannity for 6 figures:

              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

              Woot

              I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
              SU

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69687

                #682
                McNaughton could learn a thing or two from this guy about subtlety.

                http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...rtrait/386558/

                This is in the National Portrait Gallery, btw.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • imanihonjin
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 3772

                  #683
                  Those pictures barely even look like Obama. McNaughton is a genius. He makes money even though he is a really bad artist.

                  Comment

                  • Eddie
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 8098

                    #684
                    Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Is Obama supposed to have swung and missed or just have terrible form on his wind up?
                    I just figured he had really bad gas.

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #685
                      Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      Those pictures barely even look like Obama. McNaughton is a genius. He makes money even though he is a really bad artist.
                      Exactly. Even more meta-- he sold it to Sean Hannity, his talk radio counterpart! I really can't hate on his business acumen.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #686
                        Are those the Nike Lunar Claytons from two seasons ago? I have those in all black. Love them.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69687

                          #687
                          I love how McNaughton always finds a way to make Obama look a little blacker than he really is.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • byu71
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22070

                            #688
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I love how McNaughton always finds a way to make Obama look a little blacker than he really is.
                            Honestly this is not meant in a negative way. Don't you think Obama would like to be a little blacker than he is. I think he embraces his black heritage more than his white heritage.

                            Again, that is just an observation and certainly not one of the things that bugs me about him. At least I don't have him as poorly rated as Harry Reid.

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #689
                              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              Honestly this is not meant in a negative way. Don't you think Obama would like to be a little blacker than he is. I think he embraces his black heritage more than his white heritage.

                              Again, that is just an observation and certainly not one of the things that bugs me about him. At least I don't have him as poorly rated as Harry Reid.
                              i think "race traitor" is what you're looking for
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #690
                                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                i think "race traitor" is what you're looking for
                                Nope, appreciate your effort at helping though.

                                Comment

                                Working...