BOM Geography solved.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UtahDan
    *
    • Nov 2008
    • 14496

    #1

    BOM Geography solved.



    I was googling for some maps re: BOM geography theories and came across this. Had never seen it before, but it is interesting FWIW.
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #2
    Originally posted by UtahDan View Post


    I was googling for some maps re: BOM geography theories and came across this. Had never seen it before, but it is interesting FWIW.
    You seriously haven't seen this before now?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #3
      Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      You seriously haven't seen this before now?
      I am a person who thinks that attempts to prove or disprove the BOM empirically are a fools errand so I rarely look at this kind of thing. I know it has been around a while, just new to me.

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #4
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        I am a person who thinks that attempts to prove or disprove the BOM empirically are a fools errand so I rarely look at this kind of thing.
        You mean a fool's errand like arguing about life on Mars is a fool's errand?

        No one seems to be interested in my suggestion that maybe it all happened on Iceland. There are traces of Icelandic mythology in the Book of Mormon.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #5
          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          You seriously haven't seen this before now?
          I have never seen this map. Call me igorant on this subject.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • Sleeping in EQ
            Philosopher of Men
            • Nov 2008
            • 4188

            #6
            That looks like the Great Lakes theory. If memory serves, there was an article in Farms Review about it 6-7 years ago.
            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #7
              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              I am a person who thinks that attempts to prove or disprove the BOM empirically are a fools errand so I rarely look at this kind of thing. I know it has been around a while, just new to me.
              I remember seeing it on a tract I got while attending the Hill Cumorah pageant many years ago, thus my surprise. It is interesting in terms of the lengths to which some will go to prove/disprove things.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #8
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I have never seen this map. Call me igorant on this subject.
                Ignoramus!!!
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  No one seems to be interested in my suggestion that maybe it all happened on Iceland. There are traces of Icelandic mythology in the Book of Mormon.
                  I accept this theory and will start to proclaim it in EQ and GD from now on.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #10
                    Lest we forget, there is also

                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    Working...