Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    New search feature struggles. wuap, will you post your chimichurri recipe here?
    I will try rebuilding the search index again.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      New search feature struggles. wuap, will you post your chimichurri recipe here?
      1/2 red onion
      6 cloves fresh garlic
      2 cups firmly packed parsley leaves
      1/2 cup olive oil
      2 tbps. red wine vinegar
      3 shakes of red pepper flakes
      1/2 tbsp of kosher salt
      The juice of one large lemon

      Put it all in the food processor until it makes a paste or add more vinegar/oil to reach the consistency you like. Enjoy!
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

        I will try rebuilding the search index again.
        The truncated search index may also be contributing to improved performance. It will be interesting to see if performance starts tanking and we start getting a lot more CPU or IO faults with a full search index.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

          The truncated search index may also be contributing to improved performance. It will be interesting to see if performance starts tanking and we start getting a lot more CPU or IO faults with a full search index.
          I just rebuilt the search index. It took an hour or two.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment


          • I'm on the quest to make the perfect Pittsburg black and blue steak. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsb...g%20to%20taste.

            I finally have realized that is how I like my steaks best. Heavy, charred crust on the outside and more rare than normal rare on the inside.

            I was getting the process down pretty good. Using the Iwatani butane cooker. https://www.amazon.com/Iwatani-Corpo.../dp/B00522F2R2 I really like this unit. thanks the The Dude for the tip.

            My best attempt so far:

            Then I saw this video and became obsessed to take it to the next level.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k1glMPJoFk

            I picked up this propane burner on Amazon and set it up in an old grill that's no longer working. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

            First attempt, I didn't even get the cast iron skillet as hot as when I used the Iwatani. So disappointing.

            I learned how to set the air intake valve and optimize the distance from the burner to the skillet and gave it about 10 minutes to heat up. Tried it again.

            Nearly started a fire. I tried dropping in some avocado oil. It immediately vaporized into a cloud of fire 10 feet high. I could see the cast iron skillet turning a little red. I estimate it was probably about 1,000 degrees, and I totally destroyed the seasoning on the cast iron skillet. But very promising to give me hope I can nail this next time.

            Any tips on how to set this up better?


            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by jay santos; 02-24-2021, 03:58 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

              I just rebuilt the search index. It took an hour or two.
              Thanks for doing that. I still never found wuap's recipe (though I found several posts from various posters (including wuap) saying "why is that recipe so hard to find." But those weren't coming up when I searched before the rebuild, so the rebuild must have worked. Thanks again.

              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

              1/2 red onion
              6 cloves fresh garlic
              2 cups firmly packed parsley leaves
              1/2 cup olive oil
              2 tbps. red wine vinegar
              3 shakes of red pepper flakes
              1/2 tbsp of kosher salt
              The juice of one large lemon

              Put it all in the food processor until it makes a paste or add more vinegar/oil to reach the consistency you like. Enjoy!
              Thanks, wuap, for sharing your chimichurri recipe here.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

              Comment


              • Comment


                • Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                  Thanks for doing that. I still never found wuap's recipe (though I found several posts from various posters (including wuap) saying "why is that recipe so hard to find." But those weren't coming up when I searched before the rebuild, so the rebuild must have worked. Thanks again.
                  Phew. Good to know.

                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X