Life is a bowl of cherries

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    Life is a bowl of cherries

    My in-laws have 2 massive cherry trees in their backyard. This year they hit the motherlode. Cherries everywhere. Looks like thousands of them, but maybe not.

    Every morning I head out with my daughter. She brings a bucket. We climb the ladder and literally within about 20 minutes we have filled the bucket. You reach out your hand and grab about 5-8 cherries at a time, no problem. You do have to be careful to toss out the ones the birds have nibbled.

    Instant snack all day long. I am in heaven. My kids have spit cherry pits all over the yard so I think my FIL will be somewhat displeased.

    I have noticed that the cherries higher up are darker and fatter. I guess because they get more direct sunlight?

    Anyway, lots of fun. Now if only we had a good recipe for fresh cherry pie, cherry crisp, or cherry tart.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #2
    Cherries are vastly underrated.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • marsupial
      Mississippi Queen
      • Nov 2008
      • 3678

      #3
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      Cherries are vastly underrated.
      I love cherries. And blueberries. I am pretty jealous or DDD and wuap right now.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
        Cherries are vastly underrated.
        do you like them?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #5
          I am eating Cherries right now. Yum! It is a good thing they have pits or I could get sick fast.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #6
            Originally posted by marsupial View Post
            I love cherries. And blueberries. I am pretty jealous or DDD and wuap right now.
            If you lived less than 400 miles from Utah County, I would have zero problem driving some by your home today (assuming Danimal or another male is there, of course....want to keep everything legit). Unfortunately, you live too far for me to swing by and then make it back in time for fireworks.

            I can mail you some if you want. Let me know.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              do you like them?
              Yes, I love cherries, especially those big fat darker Bing cherries.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • marsupial
                Mississippi Queen
                • Nov 2008
                • 3678

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                If you lived less than 400 miles from Utah County, I would have zero problem driving some by your home today (assuming Danimal or another male is there, of course....want to keep everything legit). Unfortunately, you live too far for me to swing by and then make it back in time for fireworks.

                I can mail you some if you want. Let me know.
                Thanks. You can bring them tomorrow.
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #9
                  Cherries make my list of fruits that taste great but are always awful as candy. Bananas would be up there as well.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  Working...