Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
    Is this real? You have to stand in line for Squatters?
    To buy bottles to go of a special release beer you have to.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      To buy bottles to go of a special release beer you have to.
      Squatters needs a lesson in economics. They aren't charging enough.
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        Squatters needs a lesson in economics. They aren't charging enough.
        It is a barrel aged beer. It takes time to make and there are space limitations.
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          It is a barrel aged beer. It takes time to make and there are space limitations.
          Is that why they can’t charge more?
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
            Is that why they can’t charge more?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I've never stood in line to get special release beer. If a brewery made me do that, I'd walk to another one to get their special release.

Sounds like Utah breweries need a refresher on economics.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                I've never stood in line to get special release beer. If a brewery made me do that, I'd walk to another one to get their special release.

Sounds like Utah breweries need a refresher on economics.
                Maybe waiting in line is part fo the experience. Kind of like Franklin's BBQ or buying the new iPhone
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Maybe waiting in line is part fo the experience. Kind of like Franklin's BBQ or buying the new iPhone
                  Apple understands economics, you dummy. Have you not seen the price of the new iPhone X?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Apple understands economics, you dummy. Have you not seen the price of the new iPhone X?
                    Yep. I didn’t need to wait in line for mine.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      Yep. I didn’t need to wait in line for mine.
                      I ordered one for my wife and it came in two days

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I ordered one for my wife and it came in two days
                        Two days?!?

I didn't wait in line, but it took me 4 weeks
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• I was running late. I didn't stand in line but they were down to only a few boxes left. As it was later in the afternoon, they let me buy 3 bottles. I am excited to open one tonight.

As for people talking about price, if they went any higher than $20.00 per bottle, not sure how well it would move.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• There are plenty of lines for beers. Pliney the Younger from Russian River draws lines and lotteries. It Comes out every Feb. bars only get one keg and and it lasts maybe 2 hours. That being said I have never waited for it but I am curious. I have had the Elder many many times and I sorta want to know why people are so nuts over the Younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• 2 Row's Raspberry Sour was pretty meh.
                              Tried Vernal Brewing's Mama's Milk Imperial Stout. I'm not much of a stout drinker these days, but what a wonderfully delicious beer. I imagine it might be similar to the Naughty Sauce from Noble Ale Works
                              Fifth Element is just as I remember. It is nice to have that one back.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• What is a "session" beer?
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X