What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    We're both right, smarty pants (thought technically you're wrong in inferring I"m wrong). I would expect the board librarian to know that, but i'll wait until you're a lawyer to hold you to a higher standard.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sic%5B2%5D
    well, sure, smarty pants. If enough people spell something wrong for long enough, eventually they throw it in the dictionary under "variant form." They use "variant" because it's more diplomatic than saying "as spelled by the uneducated."

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      Shouldn't you be off checking your tweets somewhere?
      I am the tweetee, never the tweeter. They come to me.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

well, sure, smarty pants. If enough people spell something wrong for long enough, eventually they throw it in the dictionary under "variant form." They use "variant" because it's more diplomatic than saying "as spelled by the uneducated."
        Hey, that's unedumacated, thanks.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I am the tweetee, never the tweeter. They come to me.
          I saw something like this posted on Craigslist once.

Comment

I saw something like this posted on Craigslist once.
            I am surprised you are so open about your haunts.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

When I have the time to cook, I almost always eat steel cut oatmeal (along with 2-3 scrambled eggs on the side ... a bowl of oatmeal only fills me up until about 10 am).

I don't always eat cold cereal ... but when I do ... I prefer ...

1. Golden Grahams. It's an incredible combination of taste and texture. I can eat it with lots of milk or no milk at all. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I can finish off a box in one sitting. Great cereal.

2. Fruity Pebbles. I totally understand why people don't like it (ridiculous amounts of sugar, leaves a weird film on the roof of your mouth, bad name), but for some reason I love it.

3. Grape Nuts. With sugar, of course -- but just the right amount. Too much sugar and I may as well have Cinnamon Toast Crunch; too little sugar and I feel like I'm eating sandpaper.

4. Frosted Mini-Wheats Again, this has great taste AND texture, but I have to be careful with the amount of milk used. Too little and it's too dry; too much and it's too soggy.

This morning I mixed cereals for the first time -- a 50/50 mix of Corn Chex and Honey Smacks -- and it was surprisingly tasty. I might start experimenting with some more mixtures.

Comment

Cheerios. Honey Nut Cheerios. Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats. Don't care if it's name brand or generic.

That is my entire list. I do not eat any other cereals

These days, I typically have 1.5 servings of Cheerios with a protein shake of my own make (ice, chocolate protein powder, blueberries, half a banana).
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                  Shout-out to the under-ripe banana. Once upon a time, I wouldn't touch a banana that looked like it might develop a spot that day. Now, I'll at least use ripe bananas in smoothies.
                  My 16 month old daughter loves under-ripe bananas. When they're beginning to spot a bit, she clearly doesn't like them as much, she's like her daddy. I'm the same with watermelon and tomatoes, I like them best slightly under-ripe. It has something to do with the taste, but possibly more with the texture. I find myself picking out tomatoes in a lot of sandwiches and burgers because they're disgustingly soggy and over ripe.

I also know the secret to picking out a good watermelon and the method involves no knocking, which practice I find to be completely absurd. The key lies in the size of the yellow spot which is where the melon lay on the ground. The bigger the spot, the more mature the watermelon. I look for the smallest spot and which connotes a slightly under-ripe melon which to me taste better and are more crisp.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    The key lies in the size of the yellow spot which is where the melon lay on the ground. The bigger the spot, the more mature the watermelon.
                    Exactly! I love a really big, dry, dark patch on bottom. That's a great watermelon.

Comment

I have yet to meet a bowl of cereal that I don't like. I could eat it two meals a day no problem. I would say three meals a day, but I've got to make room in my diet for a PB and J somewhere.

My only exception off the top of my head is that Kashi crap that ER apparently likes. Thats stuff is as bad to my gut as those nasty Fiber One bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
                        I read somewhere that not eating breakfast increases your chanced of developing diabetes...just FYI.
                        That must be the reason I got diabetes. I rarely ate breakfast before I was diagnosed.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          I love spotted/brown bananas. THey are so much better when they are ripe. No one likes unripe apples, when did the fetsih for unripe bananas come into vogue?
                          A 'fetish' for unripe bananas probably started the first time someone was home alone.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            A 'fetish' for unripe bananas...
                            I'm sorry your grandma died.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                              I'm sorry your grandma died.
                              I should probably get off here and go mourn.....I just want to get shitfaced right now....but I'm not going to do it. Making dick jokes is all I've got at the moment.

Maybe I should fire up Call of Duty and go kill some people.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Hey ER thanks for the steel cut oats suggestion. I just picked up some McCann's at WalMart tonight, and I am excited to try it tomorrow morning. It comes in a cool looking canister too.
                                I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X