What's for lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terry blacks brisket
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      terry blacks brisket
      Lockhart or Austin?

Heading down in October.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Lockhart or Austin?

Heading down in October.
        terrys in south lamar. we have been to the og blacks in lockhart and it was just ok (lockhart is a great town though). terrys is awesome.

Comment

terry blacks brisket

took my oldest there when we toured Austin. Awesome brisket and beef ribs and we only had a 30 min wait in line
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

terrys in south lamar. we have been to the og blacks in lockhart and it was just ok (lockhart is a great town though). terrys is awesome.
            Yeah, that is a great spot. Last time I was there I made some comment to a guy walking out and he ended up giving me a 20-minute tour of the pits. That was a blast.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I was reminded recently that I'd never tried Bam Bams before, so we went there tonight. I was disappointed. The brisket was dry and the pulled pork was far too finely shredded. I think the BBQ Dude has turned me into a BBQ snob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                I was reminded recently that I'd never tried Bam Bams before, so we went there tonight. I was disappointed. The brisket was dry and the pulled pork was far too finely shredded. I think the BBQ Dude has turned me into a BBQ snob.
                I went there recently for the first time. We didn't order the pulled pork since I can make that well enough at home. We did order the brisket, though. It was a bit mixed. Some of it was ultra-tender and some of it was a bit dry. I'm guessing the dry part was probably from the flat.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I was reminded recently that I'd never tried Bam Bams before, so we went there tonight. I was disappointed. The brisket was dry and the pulled pork was far too finely shredded. I think the BBQ Dude has turned me into a BBQ snob.

Comment

I'd be curious if this type of review is common for Bam Bam's. They sure get a lot of love from the Utah peeps but, to be frank, Utah isn't exactly known for great BBQ so I have a lot of skepticism about their enthusiasm for the place.

I rarely order brisket at any BBQ place anymore. I've been spoiled having eaten at Franklins and Tony Blacks so your run of the mill BBQ place is usually a lot more miss than hit. There is one place near my home that has really good brisket, almost on par with the Austin masters. Funny enough, the name of the place is called Bexar BBQ, which only people from central Texas may understand the name (and how to pronounce it).
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I'd be curious if this type of review is common for Bam Bam's. They sure get a lot of love from the Utah peeps but, to be frank, Utah isn't exactly known for great BBQ so I have a lot of skepticism about their enthusiasm for the place.

I rarely order brisket at any BBQ place anymore. I've been spoiled having eaten at Franklins and Tony Blacks so your run of the mill BBQ place is usually a lot more miss than hit. There is one place near my home that has really good brisket, almost on par with the Austin masters. Funny enough, the name of the place is called Bexar BBQ, which only people from central Texas may understand the name (and how to pronounce it).
                      I can't say I've tried a ton of BBQ places in Utah. I've had some really good brisket in Texas, but for the most part, no one can touch the pork or brisket I smoke. I mostly just follow the BBQ Dude's instructions.

Comment

I can't say I've tried a ton of BBQ places in Utah. I've had some really good brisket in Texas, but for the most part, no one can touch the pork or brisket I smoke. I mostly just follow the BBQ Dude's instructions.
                        I'm a big fan of his recipes/notes as well. I stray a bit here and there but his ribs cook timing is spot on and never fails.

Comment

I haven't been in years. I really think what it comes down to is that, with the exception of the truly great BBQ places, that it is damn near impossible to grow and maintain quality. I really though Bam Bam's was fantastic when it first opened, but as they have grown I have little desire to go back. I think if you want great BBQ, it is just something you have to learn to do yourself. It is why I rarely have great BBQ, I just don't have it in me to try to learn and it doesn't make sense as a single person to BBQ just for myself.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

I haven't been in years. I really think what it comes down to is that, with the exception of the truly great BBQ places, that it is damn near impossible to grow and maintain quality. I really though Bam Bam's was fantastic when it first opened, but as they have grown I have little desire to go back. I think if you want great BBQ, it is just something you have to learn to do yourself. It is why I rarely have great BBQ, I just don't have it in me to try to learn and it doesn't make sense as a single person to BBQ just for myself.
                            This is all true.

I have not been to Bam Bam's in 5 years or so. Still have not been to R&R BBQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

This is all true.

I have not been to Bam Bam's in 5 years or so. Still have not been to R&R BBQ.
                              R&R is just like Bam Bam's really good when it was small with the one location in Salt Lake. Now with the growth, it is just mediocre. It isn't bad food, but you aren't going to get great BBQ there.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• r&r is horrendous and offensive. no better than dickeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X