X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    They've supposedly shared the recipe:

https://www.gq.com/story/nashville-p...q-sauce-recipe

EDIT: Nevermind - that's not their official recipe. It's an "easy" recipe.
    Yeah, might be worth a try, but I wouldn't base my opinion of actual PLP Hot on the results of a copycat recipe. Especially since the deft approach with the heat in the actual sauce is what is so tantalizing.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 01-24-2020, 01:57 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Sometimes simple is good. We did Kalua pork in the crock pot yesterday - pork butt, salt, liquid smoke. Made sliders with Hawaiian king rolls. They were great. Pigs are delicious!
      That sounds delicious. I haven’t done pork in a crock pot in a really long time. I think that might be our Sunday dinner this week.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I’ve been craving a good Char Siu lately. Whenever I’m in a Chinatown anywhere in the world I try to get some. I love it with hot mustard. So good. I found a recipe and gave it a try. I didn’t get the chance to take pictures as my kids were risking their fingers taking slices off the cutting board as I cut it up. Turned out fantastic. I’ll be making it again soon and will get pictures.

Here is the recipe if you’re interested. https://madewithlau.com/recipes/char...inese-bbq-pork
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

made this recipe the other day. it was fun and everybody enjoyed it - which can be a challenge in my home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCNS1-DT5GQ
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            made this recipe the other day. it was fun and everybody enjoyed it - which can be a challenge in my home.

As a native Idahoan, I approve of this recipe.

As a side note, it looked like that dude was going to eat the whole platter.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

That looks really good, but WOW watching that guy make it is a total turn-off for me. I don't want to eat it and look like that.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That looks really good, but WOW watching that guy make it is a total turn-off for me. I don't want to eat it and look like that.
                between his strong southern accent and his size, dude just makes me smile.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

62CF234A-AC96-4452-B9F6-D48A2F45BF7D.jpeg 637317CD-C055-443F-8037-631218F34109.jpeg E130C083-F077-4DDD-AE1E-C262AF00ABB7.jpeg Pork belly burnt ends, aka piggy nugs.

Take pork belly. Cut into cubes, about 1.5 inches. Sprinkle rub generously. Put in bag in refrigerator overnight. Smoke for three to four hours, then put in pan with sauce. Back on the smoker until sauce thickens or you just can’t stand it anymore.

Photos are of uncooked nugs, post smoking, and the three nugs left by the time I remembered that I wanted to take pictures.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

What was the sauce? Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      What was the sauce? Looks great.
                      Generic BBQ sauce. I found some homemade recipe comprised of ketchup, apple cider vinegar, molasses, and other stuff.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                      X