Do you like Japanese seaweed salad?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Joe Public
    8.1 YPC
    • Apr 2011
    • 8530

    #1

    Do you like Japanese seaweed salad?

    One of my lunch spots is a made-to-order Japanese roll/bowl place that lets customers choose from a variety of ingredients. It's usually one protein item (tuna, salmon, chicken, etc.) and several accompanying items like avocado, cucumber, edamame, etc. I noticed lots of people getting Japanese seaweed (wakame?) as one of the accompanying items.

    I tried it for the first time the other day. The jury is still out for me, but I'll try it again. Is it worth trying to develop a taste for the stuff? Have you even heard of it? I hadn't before now.
    11
    Yes
    45.45%
    5
    No
    27.27%
    3
    I don't know/never heard of it
    27.27%
    3

    The poll is expired.

    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

    "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    Love it.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #3
      No.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69713

        #4
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        Love it.
        Then get off your butt and vote for it, man!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #5
          Whoops!
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #6
            Sick. Wet seaweed was one of only a few things I just never liked in Korea. They have a seaweed soup that's horrible and a seaweed salad side dish that's similar to that's not as bad but not good. Dried sea weed I love.

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              I don't like domestic seaweed; why would I like the foreign stuff?
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #8
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                I don't like domestic seaweed; why would I like the foreign stuff?
                Wait, I thought you liked seaweed from the Great Salt Lake or something?
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #9
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Wait, I thought you liked seaweed from the Great Salt Lake or something?
                  No, I think I was expected to like it because it came from the Great Salt Lake. It made the potatoes almost impossible to eat, but sometimes, when you're starving, you just eat so you have something in your stomach to relieve the hunger pangs.
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • happyone
                    Board Bookworm
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 5398

                    #10
                    Not particularly - I will eat it, but ...

                    I may be small, but I'm slow.

                    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                    Comment

                    Working...