Best Burgers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigPiney
    Huge Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12366

    #1

    Best Burgers

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/50-states...age/index.html

    As much as I dislike Bobby Flay, I would love to have had this job.

    So has anybody from Utah had this burger: Spicy Moroccan LAmb Burger, from tjhe ACME Burger Company. Sounds good.
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #2
    $12.50 for a burger?
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #3
      I like California's selection. Almost had me one yesterday but it was during peak lunch hour and the line was 20 minutes long.

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18751

        #4
        I looked around at a few of the burgers and this one is too much for even me:

        Baltimore, Maryland. "8-ounce beef patty--stuffed with cheddar cheese, dipped in ale batter and deep fried."
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • utahby5
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 34

          #5
          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          http://www.foodnetwork.com/50-states...age/index.html

          As much as I dislike Bobby Flay, I would love to have had this job.

          So has anybody from Utah had this burger: Spicy Moroccan LAmb Burger, from tjhe ACME Burger Company. Sounds good.
          ACME has the best burgers in Salt Lake in general. You can't miss there. Better than 5 guys, Hires, In & Out, Cotton Bottom, etc.
          70% of the world is covered by water, for the rest there's Eric Weddle.

          Comment

          • FN Phat
            I ♥ gateway sex
            • Feb 2009
            • 8691

            #6
            Big Judd's

            I like the finger steaks the best but the burgers are really good, mostly for the experience though.
            I'm your huckleberry.


            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #7
              Salt City Burger Company. Go here and get the Smokehouse Bacon Burger. Yum! The Bacon is ground into the patty, it is sooo good. Best burger I have had in a long while.

              Comment

              • Eddie
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 8098

                #8
                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Salt City Burger Company. Go here and get the Smokehouse Bacon Burger. Yum! The Bacon is ground into the patty, it is sooo good. Best burger I have had in a long while.

                http://saltcityburgerco.com/
                My wife and I tried out the Salt City Burger Company last night.

                I had one of the burgers with bacon ground in and blue cheese melted on top. And it was very good.

                But I had to wonder a little about the folks that work there (this was their Bountiful location).

                When we arrived there were people eating at a couple of the tables, and there were 3-4 gals standing around at the door to the kitchen. What was weird is that there were also 4-5 tables with dishes on them just waiting to be bused - which stayed that way until we left while these gals held Relief Society.

                We ordered. The waiter brought us some water. And then he came back 10 minutes later and asked us how everything was so far.

                Me: "um...the water tastes great. Thanks."

                Anyway - the burgers certainly were good. But not so great that I have to go back, particularly in light of the service. I mean, I would be willing to go there if the folks I was with wanted to - but I probably won't be the one to suggest it.

                Comment

                • happyone
                  Board Bookworm
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 5398

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  My wife and I tried out the Salt City Burger Company last night.

                  I had one of the burgers with bacon ground in and blue cheese melted on top. And it was very good.

                  But I had to wonder a little about the folks that work there (this was their Bountiful location).

                  When we arrived there were people eating at a couple of the tables, and there were 3-4 gals standing around at the door to the kitchen. What was weird is that there were also 4-5 tables with dishes on them just waiting to be bused - which stayed that way until we left while these gals held Relief Society.

                  We ordered. The waiter brought us some water. And then he came back 10 minutes later and asked us how everything was so far.

                  Me: "um...the water tastes great. Thanks."

                  Anyway - the burgers certainly were good. But not so great that I have to go back, particularly in light of the service. I mean, I would be willing to go there if the folks I was with wanted to - but I probably won't be the one to suggest it.

                  That was my experience at that location also - I did like the burger.

                  I may be small, but I'm slow.

                  A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                  Comment

                  • kccougar
                    9262
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7020

                    #10
                    Originally posted by happyone View Post
                    That was my experience at that location also - I did like the burger.
                    Haven't had that problem at the Sandy location. I also love the bacon ground up in the burger.
                    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                    Comment

                    • UteStar
                      Sexiest Poster in Town
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2419

                      #11
                      Sad closures in the past year or two: The Counter burger joint down at Gateway and ACME Burgers. Both were tasty and good burgers. Oh well.

                      I would agree with KC, the Salt City Burger Company does not seem to have those problems like its other store. The only problem with the Sandy location is that it is in Sandy.

                      Comment

                      • SuperGabers
                        aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                        • May 2009
                        • 2182

                        #12
                        5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen, NYC. Yummmm.

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #13
                          Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                          The only problem with the Sandy location is that it is in Sandy.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • Eleven34
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 22

                            #14
                            Hands down the tastiest burger to ever grace my taste buds: The Murder Burger at Cafe Oscars in Springdale, UT (just outside of Zion NP.) "The burger to die for."
                            Last edited by Eleven34; 07-17-2011, 11:03 AM.

                            Comment

                            • smokymountainrain
                              Impressive Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22593

                              #15
                              Have any of our world traveling/foodie CUFers been to Ted's Restaurant in Meridan, CT to try one of their steamed burgers? Looks delish!

                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

                              Comment

                              Working...