Foods-You-Cannot-Stand Inventory

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beelzebabette
    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
    • Nov 2008
    • 2907

    #1

    Foods-You-Cannot-Stand Inventory

    My list:
    Red onions
    Yellow mustard
    Chocolate pudding
    Black licorice (and licorice-flavored jelly beans)

    Pretty much anything else I'll eat even if it's not an ingredient I'd use myself.
  • FN Phat
    I ♥ gateway sex
    • Feb 2009
    • 8691

    #2
    black licorice and brussel sprouts
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #3
      pickled lemon
      sweet pickles
      menudo
      Dr. Pepper
      club soda
      heart of palm
      baby corn
      vienna sausage
      rolmops (pickled herring-- I won't even try it. EVER.)
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #4
        My list is fairly long, so I'll keep it to a few of the worst...

        grapefruit
        spinach
        black licorice (thanks FN and bbb)
        onions
        pickles
        celery
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • FN Phat
          I ♥ gateway sex
          • Feb 2009
          • 8691

          #5
          Most cooked or steamed vegetables, but I like them fresh.
          I'm your huckleberry.


          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69723

            #6
            Pigs ears
            Chicken feet
            Cow stomach
            Easy Cheese
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Donuthole
              Official Outgayer
              • Nov 2008
              • 25270

              #7
              Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
              Most cooked or steamed vegetables, but I like them fresh.
              Are you sure you aren't overcooking them? Have you tried cooking them and then blanching them to stop the cooking process and maintain the firmness? Green beans, broccoli, and asparagus are especially delicious this way.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #8
                I have had everything on the below list at least once:

                Olives
                Olives
                Olives
                Mayonnaise
                Regular white button mushrooms (Shiitake, Portabello, etc are fine)
                Boiled eggs
                Scrambled eggs
                Eggs over-easy
                1000 year old egg
                Cooked spinach
                Foie Gras (unless it's mixed in with mashed potatoes)
                Raw Abalone Liver
                Casseroles involving cream of mushroom/cream of chicken soup
                Cottage Cheese
                Soy sauce on rice (blasphemers!)
                Liver (raw or cooked)
                Spaghetti Squash
                Anything my mom makes
                Anything my MIL makes

                My "good restaurant" test, btw, involves me going to a reputable place and finding an entree or appetizer with one of the above (save the Mom/MIL stuff) as a major ingredient. If I like the dish in spite of the ingredient, the restaurant gets a second shot.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25270

                  #9
                  Outside of a few outragous things I ate on my mission, I can't think of anything i've eaten to which I have an absolute aversion. I prefer not to eat black olives or sweet pickles, but I wouldn't make the effort to remove them from a dish placed before me.

                  Aspartame (as contained in diet soft drinks) makes me gag, however.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • Teenage Dirtbag
                    Since 1971
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 1096

                    #10
                    I don't really have any foods that I can't stand, aside from what a typical American white boy would consider vile. I do hate anything cinnamon flavored, however. Big Red gum, cinnamon bears, Red Hots...I hate that stuff.

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10312

                      #11
                      Water chestnuts. Don't know why, but I hate hate hate them.
                      Peas
                      Olives
                      black licorice

                      That's about it. I eat almost anything. Oddly, my wife is much more picky than I am, but she likes all of the things on my list a lot.

                      EDIT: After reading the stuffed pepper thread, let me add raisins. I like all other dried fruit, so I think this one (like the peas) is just a holdover from my childhood. Or maybe because they look like rabbit caca.
                      Last edited by Clark Addison; 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM.

                      Comment

                      • The Wankster
                        It's not a tumor......
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 204

                        #12
                        Seal Oil
                        Cod Liver Oil
                        MukTuk
                        Oohsik
                        KimChee
                        Head Cheese
                        Goat Milk
                        Brussel Sprout
                        Mayonnaise
                        Miracle Whip
                        Salad Dressing of any variety
                        Yogurt
                        Brains
                        Feet
                        Heart
                        Liver
                        This list could go on for awhile, I am a "VERY" finicky eater....
                        Let's get on with the gettin' on....

                        Comment

                        • landpoke
                          Never once baby snatched
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4183

                          #13
                          Liver
                          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                          Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                          Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                          …
                          Tomorrow is Saturday
                          And Sunday comes afterwards

                          Comment

                          • thesaint258
                            aka Benito Hazard
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 3005

                            #14
                            I absolutely cannot stand peanut butter. I also hate sauer kraut.
                            Not that, sickos.

                            Comment

                            • beefytee
                              Board eye candy
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 7542

                              #15
                              The only 2 that I don't like on the list so far:

                              black licorice
                              boiled eggs (especially made into egg salad)


                              Everything else sounds pretty good to me.

                              Comment

                              Working...