Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Sorry!
    Punch Nads in the face tomorrow and we will be good.

What percentage of your family was cheering for Utah last night?
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post

I will find him on Thursday morning and deliver the blow. I am heading to the City of Angels tomorrow for 3 days.

As for the cheering, my parents along with my brother were the only ones in my family pulling for the Y. They love him more than me. My parents will pull for the Y as long as Bronco is the head coach and they aren't playing Utah St. I did take my 7 year old to her first game last night. 1st game I have taken her to. She loved every minute of it. Probably my favorite game ever as a fan because of the incredible time I had with her. We will see if her mom let's me take her to the SC game with it being a school night.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I will find him on Thursday morning and deliver the blow. I am heading to the City of Angels tomorrow for 3 days.

As for the cheering, my parents along with my brother were the only ones in my family pulling for the Y. They love him more than me. My parents will pull for the Y as long as Bronco is the head coach and they aren't playing Utah St. I did take my 7 year old to her first game last night. 1st game I have taken her to. She loved every minute of it. Probably my favorite game ever as a fan because of the incredible time I had with her. We will see if her mom let's me take her to the SC game with it being a school night.
        Glad you had a good time. You're missed in Cougar Nation.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post

When I saw Hot Lunch at RES, he was rocking this lid

He tried to take it off really quickly when he saw me but it was too late.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            I just crank the Traeger to high. Mainly because I am out of propane for my gasser and too lazy to fill it. Works fine.

I tried this method tonight trying to cut corners. Not the same! I will be firing up to sear from now on. It was still good but getting that crispness puts it over the top.

Comment

• I also cooked tri-tip on the brick smoker last night. I went with the Costco two-pack and my standby, Spade-L Ranch. I first built a fire below the smoker box with whatever wood was on the back porch to get everything heated up and then I used charcoal with hickory chunks that I had soaked in water for the cook.

There are no easy temperature controls here so I did my best to keep things between 225 and 250 by keeping a pile of charcoal buring in the adjacent grill and adding a lump or two as necessary to the fire below the smoke box. I was happy to see that the thermometer built into the smoke box door was relatively accurate as confirmed by my remote sensor.

I smoked the tri-tip until it hit 135, which took just over an hour, then seared over charcoal on the grill. This was fun, but I think I'll enjoy my Traeger for effortless smoking once I pick it up tonight, especially for longer smokes. I chose tri-tip for this first effort in the brick smoker since I knew I would only need to tend the fire for an hour or so.

"It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• pics aren't working for me.
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  pics aren't working for me.
                  Do they work now?
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    pics aren't working for me.
                    They work for me, and that food looks absolutely delicious. I bet kccougar's family was very happy with the outcome.
                    Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                      Do they work now?
                      Yes and it looks great.
                      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Wow, KC. Looks awesome.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Looks very tasty, KC. Nice job.

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            I also cooked tri-tip on the brick smoker last night. I went with the Costco two-pack and my standby, Spade-L Ranch.
                            It looks like you and I had the same main course for dinner last night. Nice job.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• I cooked tri-tips tonight, the second half of a six-pack I got from Costco six weeks ago. I'd had the tips in the freezer, and started defrosting them yesterday morning. Rubbed this morning with Spade L Ranch on 2, and the Memphis Dust on the other.

They seemed to be totally defrosted, but they must have still been really cold, because after 90 minutes of cooking at 225, they were still only at 125 degrees internally. Yikes. I reset for 300, and the tips hit 140 in 15 minutes. I pulled them off and did the reverse sear on the gas grill for 5 minutes on one side, about 2 minutes on the other. Then I tented them while we got everything else ready.

They were still really tasty, similar to the other tips I've done. I guess the key point in the cook is to get them to 140, regardless of how you get them there. The Spade L tips were great by themselves, but the Memphis Dust tips were just a little plain. They were ok without sauce, but I also didn't mind a little something else on them. I tried the Trader Joe's, but it was a bit heavy for this. The Sweet Baby Ray's was good with it. My son also liked A1 on his.

Comment

• My cycle is is synced with mtnbiker. I made tips tonight, too!

I used perfect pellet mix. Tasted great.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X