Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      but is that too long in the oven? maybe I start at midnight and go 220 (221?) the entire time it will prolong the cook?
      I was reading back through this thread and I just want to say, you sound like a pretty handy guy. I'm sad I missed this the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
        Looks great.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Yum. That looks awesome.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Nice job, fusnik. Which version did you like better?
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
              Nice job, fusnik. Which version did you like better?
              So the bark on the brined one was very salty. I don't think I added enough rub to either but the bark, IMO, is the best part.

I dont know if I'd spend the extra time and clean up for the brine as the inside of the shoulders both tasted the same.

I had some neighbors who could smell the food come over and they raved.

It's too easy to get quality results these things are pretty amazing.

Comment

• Owning a smoker pretty much kills the desire to go to a BBQ joint ever again.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  Owning a smoker pretty much kills the desire to go to a BBQ joint ever again.
                  this is really true. Helps that there aren't many good ones around here but one thing that I have noticed is how much fun it is to cook it yourself, anyway. Going out and buying it isn't anywhere near as much fun.

Fusnik has inspired me. I am thinking of doing shoulders this weekend. Because, you know, it's Father's Day and guess who cooks on Father's Day?

Gonna do a Spade L pork rub and maybe a Butt Rub.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                    That looks fabulous.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• What BBQ sauce did you end up using?
                      I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Sweet Baby Rays....I love that stuff.

I ordered some Rufus Teagues this weekend.

Comment

• Rub is on, resting while tightly wrapped. Putting on the smoker in 3 hours.

EDIT: Pics attached:

The pic makes the pork look dry but it was very moist and tender...by all intents and purposes it was a success. Thanks again CUF!

EDIT: Thanks again to whoever (I think it was JL that first mentioned it) suggested pork tacos with the left overs. Absolutely amazing.
                          Last edited by FN Phat; 06-19-2012, 03:28 AM.
                          I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• I am smoking a butt for my crew (we are making a 750 cu yd concrete placement tonight). The damn thing has been on a stall for 3 hours. About 30 minutes ago the temp finally started to rise. I have to FTC in another 30 minutes to be able to be at work on time. It is at 190 right now. I hope it will be okay. I raised the temp from 225 to 250 to hopefully qet it to 195

EDIT: apparently I had the probe in a faulty location. I inserted the thermapen and was surprised by a reading of 173. I reinserted te temp probe and it is reading the same. It looks like my parents will enjoy the pulled pork for dinner and I will stop by taco bell on the way to work
                            Last edited by FN Phat; 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                              EDIT: apparently I had the probe in a faulty location. I inserted the thermapen and was surprised by a reading of 173.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Just called my dad, the butt is at 185. He is going to bed in an hour (which would be hour 16). I asked him to move it to the oven (set at 250) and have my mom turn it off when it hits 195 +/-. This is not going to end well.
                                I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Working...
                                X