Sweets discipline

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #1

    Sweets discipline

    For the most part, I'm a pretty controlled eater. I can stop when I'm full, I rarely overeat and I can keep away from sweets. But all bets are off when my wife makes chocolate chip cookies. I go crazy and I really can't help it. It's like a drug. They're not even specialty cookies, just plain package recipe cookies. But I love them. I have a hard time functioning when I know there are homemade cookies in the kitchen and I'm not eating one. It's horrible.

    Anybody else have this problem?
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #2
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    For the most part, I'm a pretty controlled eater. I can stop when I'm full, I rarely overeat and I can keep away from sweets. But all bets are off when my wife makes chocolate chip cookies. I go crazy and I really can't help it. It's like a drug. They're not even specialty cookies, just plain package recipe cookies. But I love them. I have a hard time functioning when I know there are homemade cookies in the kitchen and I'm not eating one. It's horrible.

    Anybody else have this problem?
    peach ice cream.

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #3
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      For the most part, I'm a pretty controlled eater. I can stop when I'm full, I rarely overeat and I can keep away from sweets. But all bets are off when my wife makes chocolate chip cookies. I go crazy and I really can't help it. It's like a drug. They're not even specialty cookies, just plain package recipe cookies. But I love them. I have a hard time functioning when I know there are homemade cookies in the kitchen and I'm not eating one. It's horrible.

      Anybody else have this problem?
      My weakness is home made peanut butter cookies.
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        Anything with more than 1 calorie.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #5
          Originally posted by Babs View Post
          peach ice cream.
          They make peach ice cream?

          Comment

          • Babs
            Not a Lawyer
            • Nov 2008
            • 17128

            #6
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            They make peach ice cream?
            Braums does. Braums makes the best ice cream ever. Everybody has to visit one while they're in Dallas. I'll buy.

            Comment

            • marsupial
              Mississippi Queen
              • Nov 2008
              • 3678

              #7
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              For the most part, I'm a pretty controlled eater. I can stop when I'm full, I rarely overeat and I can keep away from sweets. But all bets are off when my wife makes chocolate chip cookies. I go crazy and I really can't help it. It's like a drug. They're not even specialty cookies, just plain package recipe cookies. But I love them. I have a hard time functioning when I know there are homemade cookies in the kitchen and I'm not eating one. It's horrible.

              Anybody else have this problem?
              It's awful. I avoid baking altogether.
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #8
                Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                It's awful. I avoid baking altogether.
                Poor Danimal.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #9
                  brownies, peanut brittle, grasshopper brains, Blue Bunny Bourdeaux Cherry Cordial, pretzel salad, "Fun size" Snickers, pecan pie, and good cobbler crust.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • Katy Lied
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 9435

                    #10
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    For the most part, I'm a pretty controlled eater. I can stop when I'm full, I rarely overeat and I can keep away from sweets. But all bets are off when my wife makes chocolate chip cookies. I go crazy and I really can't help it. It's like a drug. They're not even specialty cookies, just plain package recipe cookies. But I love them. I have a hard time functioning when I know there are homemade cookies in the kitchen and I'm not eating one. It's horrible.

                    Anybody else have this problem?
                    Cherry Garcia Nonfat FroYo.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      Apparently, I am in this category but didn't realize it until now. I need some sort of intervention when it comes to Costco Lemon Cake.

                      My wife just said to me, "you realize that you have eaten almost the entire cake? And I just bought it Thursday night." When she said that, not only did it dawn on me that I had eaten quite a bit of Lemon Cake in the past day or so, but that I also had some for breakfast this morning. And yesterday morning.

                      I am very ashamed. Please help me.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Fiyero
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5266

                        #12
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        all bets are off when my wife makes chocolate chip cookies. I go crazy and I really can't help it. It's like a drug. They're not even specialty cookies, just plain package recipe cookies. But I love them. I have a hard time functioning when I know there are homemade cookies in the kitchen and I'm not eating one. It's horrible.
                        According to his cousin Beulah, fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies were President Hinckley's favorite too.

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #13
                          My weakness is chips. Tortilla or potato, it doesn't matter. I will plow through a bag before I even realize it.

                          Comment

                          • beelzebabette
                            Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2907

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            Braums does. Braums makes the best ice cream ever. Everybody has to visit one while they're in Dallas. I'll buy.
                            I'll meet you at a Braum's if you're serious, but I'll spring for my own banana split.

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #15
                              Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                              I'll meet you at a Braum's if you're serious, but I'll spring for my own banana split.
                              I'm there. You know what Braums is?

                              Comment

                              Working...