The Official Brisket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    I'm not JL, but I've always thought one of the purposes of resting was for the meat to reabsorb some of the juices, so I keep it wrapped. Maybe I'm wrong. At this point it doesn't matter, because I'm burned out and renting my trailer to a caterer for the summer. I'm sick of cooking.
    We may have sold our trailer...

Between the economic downturn, me going back to school, and shoulder surgery for DT, we just didn't have the time for it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
      We may have sold our trailer...

Between the economic downturn, me going back to school, and shoulder surgery for DT, we just didn't have the time for it anymore.
      Did one more round of briskets before sending the smoker away. Friends asked me to cook for their son's graduation/mission farewell party today, and it gave me a chance to teach the new cooks how to run the smoker. "When you ride your last one, make sure it's your best one. Jump while she's moving, tip your hat boy, and walk away."
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Duuuuuude!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Sad!
            Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Duuuuuude!
            Just to make myself clear, I'm not done smoking briskets; I'm just done smoking them for big groups. I still have a little homemade smoker that will do the job when I get the itch. Honestly, though, I've smoked enough that I don't really have any desire to smoke or eat bbq anytime in the near future.
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              Just to make myself clear, I'm not done smoking briskets; I'm just done smoking them for big groups. I still have a little homemade smoker that will do the job when I get the itch. Honestly, though, I've smoked enough that I don't really have any desire to smoke or eat bbq anytime in the near future.
              It happens. I was in the same boat. I literally didn't touch the smoker for about a year. When a hobby becomes a job it sucks the fun out of it.
              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Any ideas on how to smoke more briskets at the same time without buying a bigger smoker? I've been asked to cook for a party that will be 350 adults. There will be pork and chicken also but they want me to do brisket. I've only cooked 3 at the same time before and frankly, it was the worst brisket I've ever done. Some of you are witnesses. Anyone ever try something like a rib rack but for briskets? I figure I'll need to do 9 16 pound briskets to feed .3 pounds of meat to 350 people. I just can't see how that would be possible with a normal pellet smoker.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  Any ideas on how to smoke more briskets at the same time without buying a bigger smoker? I've been asked to cook for a party that will be 350 adults. There will be pork and chicken also but they want me to do brisket. I've only cooked 3 at the same time before and frankly, it was the worst brisket I've ever done. Some of you are witnesses. Anyone ever try something like a rib rack but for briskets? I figure I'll need to do 9 16 pound briskets to feed .3 pounds of meat to 350 people. I just can't see how that would be possible with a normal pellet smoker.
                  You can borrow mine. When is the party?
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    You can borrow mine. When is the party?
                    Thanks. Early August.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• I'll be in town. I can smoke a couple and then foil them. Let me know.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                        It happens. I was in the same boat. I literally didn't touch the smoker for about a year. When a hobby becomes a job it sucks the fun out of it.
                        amen to that.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Anyone else doing brisket for the game this week? It's been a while for me - I'll have to refresh my memory on the appropriate steps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Anyone else doing brisket for the game this week? It's been a while for me - I'll have to refresh my memory on the appropriate steps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            I think between us all, we should be bale to help. I'll start:

1. Select and kill cow.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              I think between us all, we should be bale to help. I'll start:

1. Select and kill cow.
                              That seems like two separate steps. (I'm helping)
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                That seems like two separate steps. (I'm helping)
                                No wonder I'm tired. I did twice as much work as I planned.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X