X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Traeger recipe of the week: Jack-Mormon Brisket

http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes...=#.VAnSZmRdWn8
    Did you use that recipe with today's cook? I've never heard of using coffee grounds as an ingredient, but I'm obviously sheltered in this area. Maybe I'll hit up the neighbors.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Did you use that recipe with today's cook? I've never heard of using coffee grounds as an ingredient, but I'm obviously sheltered in this area. Maybe I'll hit up the neighbors.
      My favorite brisket rub (black ops) has coffee in it. Don't tell my bishop.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        My favorite brisket rub (black ops) has coffee in it. Don't tell my bishop.
        What a sinner.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Lots of rub recipes have coffee grounds as an ingredient. It's my excuse for having coffee in the house.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Trying a couple of things for the first time and I'm praying it won't be a complete disaster. I don't have a smoker, but I do have a grill and a brisket. I've got a small charcoal fire on one side of the grill. I'm adding mesquite wood chips to this charcoal every 25 minutes. The I've got the thick end of the brisket on the fire side, still partially frozen, fat side down on a lined cookie sheet. After about three hours I'll move to a 225 oven and let it go the rest of the way. The grill is hotter and obviously not indirect heat, so I'm sure it will be a mess, but I had to try something. Never tried cooking a partially frozen brisket before.

The another thing different is I put "glue" on meat side of this brisket. Normally I do not do this, especially for brisket, but the meat was still hard that I was afraid the rub would stick well. So POYM was put on, but I also added a few circles of Sriracha on also. Hopefully it gives it a subtle kick. I think it could be really good on shoulders.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Just wrapped and put back in the smoker. Internal temp was only 155° when I wrapped, but the color was where I wanted it. Rubbed with black ops.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• The only thing I really don't care for about that brisket is that it is currently not at my house.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                  Just wrapped and put back in the smoker. Internal temp was only 155° when I wrapped, but the color was where I wanted it. Rubbed with black ops.

Comment

• "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• DT is a wizard
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• DT,

Sorry if you've answered this before, but where do you get your briskets?
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Dang that looks good.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            DT,

He will check in at some point...but we usually pick them up from Sam's Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              DT,

Yep, Sams Club. This one was a 12lb certified Angus choice packer. I'd love to get my hands on some prime grade brisket, but almost impossible to find around here.
                              "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Brisket, chicken legs, sauerbraten, bratwurst, pulled pork, cooked red cabbage, and chimichurri.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X