Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to Costco yesterday for the first time in about a year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babs View Post
    I've heard they're making a resurgence in some points of the country, but as you pointed out the use of them counters both the cost and environmental advantages of using cloth. I can't imagine why you'd go through the hassle of cloth combined with the expense of a service.

The hassle? You change the kid, drop the diaper in the pail. Put the pail liner on the porch once or twice a week and magically those soggy bacterial bombs turn into morning fresh bales of coton cloth. COmpare that to transferring those things into your wash room and then wonder if you desanitize etc. No thanks. PLus, they never seal as well and they are just nore hassle. Nope, if/when I have grandkids its either disposable or mom does it.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      The hassle? You change the kid, drop the diaper in the pail. Put the pail liner on the porch once or twice a week and magically those soggy bacterial bombs turn into morning fresh bales of coton cloth. COmpare that to transferring those things into your wash room and then wonder if you desanitize etc. No thanks. PLus, they never seal as well and they are just nore hassle. Nope, if/when I have grandkids its either disposable or mom does it.
      I said the hassle of cloth, not the hassle of a service. As you know, cloth -- with or without service -- is a lot more trouble than disposable. And if you're negating the advantages of cloth by using a service, I don't see why you just wouldn't just opt for the Pampers.

Comment

I said the hassle of cloth, not the hassle of a service. As you know, cloth -- with or without service -- is a lot more trouble than disposable. And if you're negating the advantages of cloth by using a service, I don't see why you just wouldn't just opt for the Pampers.
        Well, in my mind the hassle of cloth without a service is exponentially worse and entirely unacceptable. So if there is no difernece nevironmentally, then just call me Mr. Huggies.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
          How tall is she?
          I am not sure, she is tiny though. We teach nursery and their are kids not even two in our class that are bigger than her.

About 6 months ago we were at the parents of some friends, and they were having pizza, my daughter was sitting with the other kids and one of the ladies said "Is she old enough to eat this yet?" (she was almost 3 at the time)
          *Banned*

Comment

Well, in my mind the hassle of cloth without a service is exponentially worse and entirely unacceptable. So if there is no difernece nevironmentally, then just call me Mr. Huggies.
            That's my point. The whole reason for using cloth is either the cost advantage or the environmental advantage or both. But those only hold if you do everything at home. It's much more unpleasant to do it at home, but if you're not going to do it at home then there's no advantage at all, so why bother. Sooooooo not worth it.

I did cloth for five years before it became untenable. Now we own stock in proctor and gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              I am not sure, she is tiny though. We teach nursery and their are kids not even two in our class that are bigger than her.

About 6 months ago we were at the parents of some friends, and they were having pizza, my daughter was sitting with the other kids and one of the ladies said "Is she old enough to eat this yet?" (she was almost 3 at the time)
              Our little girls would get along just fine.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                My little girl was 3 in December and she is close to being potty trained but when she does wear diapers she is only a size 5. Last weigh in she was about 27 pounds.
                My ten month old boy just scaled in at 26.5 lbs.

Comment

That's my point. The whole reason for using cloth is either the cost advantage or the environmental advantage or both. But those only hold if you do everything at home. It's much more unpleasant to do it at home, but if you're not going to do it at home then there's no advantage at all, so why bother. Sooooooo not worth it.

I did cloth for five years before it became untenable. Now we own stock in proctor and gamble.
                  then why the heck were you arguing with me? We had the same experience!
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Babs has to be more right than you, hence the arguing.

Comment

YOU were arguing with ME, because you apparently didn't bother to read my original post.

And YOhio -- you stay out of this. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

Comment

YOU were arguing with ME, because you apparently didn't bother to read my original post.

And YOhio -- you stay out of this. I don't want anyone to get hurt.
                        Now look, your first post justr said you had used both and then included some stuff you had found on google. Then you told everyone to Ignore the monkey becasue Cloth Rules! So I think YOU were arguing with ME.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Now look, your first post justr said you had used both and then included some stuff you had found on google. Then you told everyone to Ignore the monkey becasue Cloth Rules! So I think YOU were arguing with ME.
                          As Rocky would say, I'm perfectly calm. If anyone's arguing here, it's not me. It's not my fault you're wrong.

Comment

As Rocky would say, I'm perfectly calm. If anyone's arguing here, it's not me. It's not my fault you're wrong.
                            I just call it like I see it, Babs.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I just call it like I see it, Babs.
                              All of this because I found some delish apple strudel bread.
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                                All of this because I found some delish apple strudel bread.
                                And this, THIS is the evil of stuffmart. So dehumanizing. So divisive. Just look at what it's reduced us to. Shame on yourself for supporting such an institution.

Comment

Working...
                                X