Firehouse Subs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Firehouse Subs

    Ate at one of these in Vegas -- much better than Subway and Jimmy Johns, not too much more expensive. It looks like they also have a couple locations in Salt Lake County.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    they are better than subway, yes. I had them in Florida back in the day. Also ate at one in Vegas, on Eastern I believe. There is a Cafe Rio only a few yards away.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #3
      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Ate at one of these in Vegas -- much better than Subway and Jimmy Johns, not too much more expensive. It looks like they also have a couple locations in Salt Lake County.
      I think they have one near 106th and State by Petsmart. I'll have to give it a try.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        Firehouse is okay. We had one close by. Actually in the same strip mall as a Subway (how there wasn't a competitive lease restriction on that I have no idea). Anyway, Subway is still there. Firehouse is not.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Green Lantern
          Has overcome great fear
          • Aug 2009
          • 2289

          #5
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          they are better than subway, yes. I had them in Florida back in the day. Also ate at one in Vegas, on Eastern I believe. There is a Cafe Rio only a few yards away.
          Hey, I used to live right by that one! I recall Firehouse having an excellent "sweet and spicy" meatball sub. Good stuff.
          Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

          None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

          I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

          --Portland Ute

          Comment

          • Color Me Badd Fan
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 12519

            #6
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Firehouse is okay. We had one close by. Actually in the same strip mall as a Subway (how there wasn't a competitive lease restriction on that I have no idea). Anyway, Subway is still there. Firehouse is not.
            Firehouse isn't as fast or cheap as Subway. It also doesn't have the marketing pull. Plenty of other superior eating joints have fallen to inferior competitors for reasons entirely unrelated to the actual food.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #7
              A guy in my ward is opening another Firehouse in Vegas, out in Summerlin.

              I ate at the one up on Lake Mead. It was decent. I thought the sub was sort of small for the price. Also, too much of whatever the sauce was that came on it. I haven't been back yet.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              Working...