Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    I didn't get close enough to see. They had three sizes, though. They had some branded lump charcoal, too.
    The Big Joe is the one kamado that seriously tempts me to upgrade.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      Just think, you could almost get two racks of ribs on that baby.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I can already do four or five. I really don't want a reason to do more than that.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I can already do four or five. I really don't want a reason to do more than that.
          That reminds me. I have one of those vertical rib rack things you can have if you want. I don't use it anymore.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Haha.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The biggest one might have been. It was bigger than my cooker.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Well, it's happened. I'm smoking pork butts for a ward activity tomorrow (only 4, but that's max capacity for my smoker), and on Sunday I'm smoking babybacks and a brisket as part of a bbq auction I sold at a fundraiser.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  Well, it's happened. I'm smoking pork butts for a ward activity tomorrow (only 4, but that's max capacity for my smoker), and on Sunday I'm smoking babybacks and a brisket as part of a bbq auction I sold at a fundraiser.
                  4 pork shoulders is my max shelf capacity, as well. Fortunately I have 5 shelves.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Is this a good place to ask about the blocked natural gas line somewhere between my house and the burners?
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• I thought we had discussed asparagus cooking on here before, but I can't fine he post (searching on phone, always is a pain). What is the recommend cook temp and time on a traeger? My previous attempts have been all over thr place; ranging from fantastic to burnt and smoky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        I thought we had discussed asparagus cooking on here before, but I can't fine he post (searching on phone, always is a pain). What is the recommend cook temp and time on a traeger? My previous attempts have been all over thr place; ranging from fantastic to burnt and smoky.
                        Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings. Grill at 300 degrees turning once or twice for about 30 minutes. Adjust time based on how well done you like it.

Comment

Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings. Grill at 300 degrees turning once or twice for about 30 minutes. Adjust time based on how well done you like it.
                          Or pop it in the microwave for about five minutes, brush with oo and your favorite seasoning and toss on a super hot grill long enough to get some char. Alton brown does this with Brussels sprouts and it works well with other vegetables.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Or pop it in the microwave for about five minutes, brush with oo and your favorite seasoning and toss on a super hot grill long enough to get some char. Alton brown does this with Brussels sprouts and it works well with other vegetables.
                            That sounds great for a gas or charcoal grill but I doubt it would work in a traeger. It cooks by indirect heat. You also need a little time to get that smoky wood grilled flavor.

Comment

• Just purchases Lil Tex Traeger smoker. I bought a big gas grill 2 years ago that I love however, I have wanted a Smoker for awhile now and thought now is the time before Memorial day. Does anyone have both? Gas/Smoker Will I ever use the Gas Grill again?
                              ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

• Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                                Just purchases Lil Tex Traeger smoker. I bought a big gas grill 2 years ago that I love however, I have wanted a Smoker for awhile now and thought now is the time before Memorial day. Does anyone have both? Gas/Smoker Will I ever use the Gas Grill again?
                                I still use them both.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Working...
                                X