The Chip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

With that many cheeses, it could probably pair with any wine.
    I can see charcuterie and wine. Scalloped potato chips, though, are a charcuterie accident in a bag. That said, I'm going to Trader Joe's this week and getting a couple of bags of scalloped potato chips, wine be damned.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I'm glad you didn't weigh in on wines, because unless you drink wine from a box, you're not going to find much that pairs well with chips.
      Wine sucks.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Wine sucks.
        So good for cooking.

Comment

• Next time you are at Trader Joe's picking up a bag of Scalloped potato chips make sure to also pick up a bag of Patio Chips. They actually might be even better. Hard to choose. Both are fantastic.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

So good for cooking.
            Good for cooking. Not for drinking. Why waste your alcohol consumption on wine when you can have beer or whiskey.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Good for cooking. Not for drinking. Why waste your alcohol consumption on wine when you can have beer or whiskey.
              There is wine out there so exquisite that, if you knew what you are missing, you would be crushed and debilitated under an intolerable weight of despair and regret.

However, I have tasted it only a handful of times, and it's usually under the influence of a snobby wine aficionado at a nice restaurant. When I have tried to recreate the experience with the same wine at home, it fails.

Beer, on the other hand...
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

There is wine out there so exquisite that, if you knew what you are missing, you would be crushed and debilitated under an intolerable weight of despair and regret.

However, I have tasted it only a handful of times, and it's usually under the influence of a snobby wine aficionado at a nice restaurant. When I have tried to recreate the experience with the same wine at home, it fails.

Beer, on the other hand...
                Beer, on the other hand, is the Mad Magazine of alcoholic beverages. It's not terrible, but if you aspire to be a serious drinker, you're not going to be taken very seriously if beer is your vice of choice. If I piped up at my AA meetings with an old beer story, I'd be laughed out of the place. It's all I can do to keep up with the addicts.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Beer, on the other hand, is the Mad Magazine of alcoholic beverages. It's not terrible, but if you aspire to be a serious drinker, you're not going to be taken very seriously if beer is your vice of choice. If I piped up at my AA meetings with an old beer story, I'd be laughed out of the place. It's all I can do to keep up with the addicts.
                  So true. Got to step it up to at least mead.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I really enjoy the ATmega328p. I realize there are fancier/better chips out there but I learned a lot of low-level stuff on this chip, like how fuse bits work, and I just like it for nostalgia reasons.

ATmega328p.jpg

Comment

I don't pass up many opportunities to indulge in spirits, but c'mon man. Beer on a hot day or right after a hike is one of God's gifts to humanity.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

I don't pass up many opportunities to indulge in spirits, but c'mon man. Beer on a hot day or right after a hike is one of God's gifts to humanity.
                        When I used to drink, bourbon was my master. The problem with beer was that I would always get full before I hit the zone. Beer takes too much patience, a quality that has always eluded me.

Comment

• i just got a lesson in bourbon. wow four roses really is something else when you drink it properly. was the best one i had of the top buffalo trail selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by doubled1986 View Post
                            i just got a lesson in bourbon. wow four roses really is something else when you drink it properly. was the best one i had of the top buffalo trail selection.
                            Four? Way too many roses for me. I top out at 2 or 3.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by doubled1986 View Post
                              i just got a lesson in bourbon. wow four roses really is something else when you drink it properly. was the best one i had of the top buffalo trail selection.
                              I don't even drink and I know it is buffalo trace.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

I don't even drink and I know it is buffalo trace.
                                I never cared for Buffalo Trace. Too oaky. My go-to mid-tier and top-shelf bourbons were always Bulleit and Bookers respectively. Crap, I'm getting wistful. I should probably call my sponsor.

Comment

Working...
                                X