The best common fruit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RobinFinderson
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 10548

    #1

    The best common fruit

    *BURP*

    I just ate a whole cantaloupe. The thing was freaking perfect. In your opinion, what is the tastiest fruit? Assume that all choices are optimally ripe.
    57
    Apple
    12.28%
    7
    Orange
    5.26%
    3
    Banana
    10.53%
    6
    Pear
    8.77%
    5
    Stawberry
    17.54%
    10
    Blueberry
    8.77%
    5
    Watermellon
    3.51%
    2
    Cantaloupe
    8.77%
    5
    Pineapple
    15.79%
    9
    Other (specify)
    8.77%
    5
    Last edited by RobinFinderson; 04-14-2010, 09:00 AM.
  • happyone
    Board Bookworm
    • Mar 2009
    • 5398

    #2
    A nice crisp cold Granny Smith apple. An asian pear (Nashi) comes a close second

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69689

      #3
      Bananas.

      Delicious. Portable. No seeds. Don't need refrigeration. And they come with a convenient wrapper.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25267

        #4
        Raspberries are my favorite, but Bananas are definitely the best combination of convenience and taste.

        While I love orange juice, and most orange-flavored items, I don't really like oranges that much.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #5
          It depnds on the time of day and the temperature of the fruti and the day. for example, banans are great for breakfast or lunch. Not so good at dinner. On a hot summer day nothing can beat stream chilled watermelon. On a crisp fall afternoon a tart granny smith or succulent fuji apple cannot be beat. So it all depends.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #6
            Fuji apple. Followed by asian pears and nashi.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #7
              3 votes for cantaloupe already? *barf*
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69689

                #8
                Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Fuji apple. Followed by asian pears and nashi.
                We have a nashi tree in our backyard. Anjou (sp?) pear tree with two kinds of nashi branches grafted in. We love it.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • ERCougar
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10978

                  #9
                  Michigan blueberries. Like candy.

                  If we're talking commonly available fruit, I'd have to say a good pineapple or mango.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                  Comment

                  • RobinFinderson
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10548

                    #10
                    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                    Fuji apple. Followed by asian pears and nashi.
                    I eat more Fuji apples than any other fruit, but NOTHING tops a perfectly sweet, crisp and chilled watermellon.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      i love most fruit. I am down with all the votes for banana

                      I will also throw out peaches and strawberries.

                      California produces approx 85-90% of the nation's strawberries. there are strawberry stands all over the place and at farmers markets you can sample all sorts of varieties. yum!

                      fresh peaches are delish.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25267

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        3 votes for cantaloupe already? *barf*
                        It has been a 10-year process, but I'm just now coming back around to cantaloupe, after consuming dozens of glasses of "jugo de melon" while in Guat. In most cases, it was either drink the nasty, pulpy cantaloupe juice, or risk offending someone way, way too poor to have been offering it to you in the first place. 9 times out of 10 the melon was way overripe, and the juice had that melony funk to it.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          i love most fruit. I am down with all the votes for banana

                          I will also throw out peaches and strawberries.

                          California produces approx 85-90% of the nation's strawberries. there are strawberry stands all over the place and at farmers markets you can sample all sorts of varieties. yum!

                          fresh peaches are delish.
                          I voted strawberries, but when I read your post, I was going to kick myself for not voting peaches. Nothing beats an optimally ripe, fresh, peach. Now I see peaches were not an option. Saved!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • CJF
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8497

                            #14
                            I voted blueberries because I've been craving them the last few weeks. However, I eat daily fresh, juicy pineapple and love it. This week I've had jack fruit and dragon fruit also. I love dragon fruit. It's delish. The one thing the Philippines does well is fruit.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                            Comment

                            • scottie
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5247

                              #15
                              Anyone here ever tried a dragon fruit? (aka pitaya). I LOVE 'em. Not sure how common it is to find them at grocery stores in Utah, but in Singapore they're very common.





                              Link to a large pic that shows their texture: http://img.alibaba.com/img/buyoffer/...ean_market.jpg

                              Comment

                              Working...