Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love BBQ. All kinds.

FM do you ever do beef ribs? Man I love beef ribs. Tough to find here though.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
      Remind me who it was that brought up Texas in this thread?
      Is Dallas in Texas? Looks like you brought up Texas.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I love BBQ. All kinds.

FM do you ever do beef ribs? Man I love beef ribs. Tough to find here though.
        I do. But in general, I'm not very good at ribs yet. I do good with brisket, pork shoulders, etc. but ribs are only so-so. Haven't mastered the fall of the bone ribs yet.

I guess practice makes perfect.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I love BBQ. All kinds.
          Do you like the slow-cooked pork covered in BBQ sauce best, or do you go for the slow-cooked beef covered in BBQ sauce? Maybe a DDD-inspired jello smothered in BBQ sauce. Mmmmmmmmm.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Do you like the slow-cooked pork covered in BBQ sauce best, or do you go for the slow-cooked beef covered in BBQ sauce? Maybe a DDD-inspired jello smothered in BBQ sauce. Mmmmmmmmm.
            Believe it or not, good BBQ does not require BBQ sauce. It's a condiment, not a necessity.
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Falafel lives in Vegas. You need to use examples like the Bellagio buffet being better than Excaliber, and a room at Wynn will yield a better night's sleep than the Circus Circus.

Comment

Meh. Slow cooked chicken, sausage, pork, beef, sometimes smoked turkey, blah blah blah, all covered in a sauce. How diverse.

Barbecued desserts? Sounds gross.
                you keep mentioning the diversity of food. what is that about? was there some discussion about diverse offerings?
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                  Falafel lives in Vegas. You need to use examples like the Bellagio buffet being better than Excaliber, and a room at Wynn will yield a better night's sleep than the Circus Circus.
                  Good point. When your entire city's identity is based on creating fake copies of other cities I can see how your persective on reality would get completely screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    you keep mentioning the diversity of food. what is that about? was there some discussion about diverse offerings?
                    You brought up the "diversity."

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

falafel, you've chosen a very strange place to make your stand.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                        Good point. When your entire city's identity is based on creating fake copies of other cities I can see how your persective on reality would get completely screwed up.
                        Las Vegas is an American original!!! If it weren't for Las Vegas, you all would have to fly to Macao for your debauchery!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          falafel, you've chosen a very strange place to make your stand.
                          Las Vegas?

I'm bored, but I should be working. Does that shed any light on this?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You brought up the "diversity."
                            where? what are you talking about?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              where? what are you talking about?
                              Right here!

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...9&postcount=54

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

that was a general response to your earlier comment about the one-dimensional nature of SLC food. again, some sort of concern about diversity.

anyway, go back to work. this is playing out like your costco thread.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X