Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

No we didn’t make it. We let the daughter dictate the rest of the restaurant picks and mexican other than red iguana doesn’t jive with her picky nature. But it’s on my list for next time.
    Oh, I didn't realize she was buying. How nice of her.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Yep. Battles and wars. She’s doing well in school and work. I’ll gladly let her win that battle.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• It isn't Salt Lake, but I don't really think it is worth doing a separate Boulder, Utah must eats thread.

Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder, Utah is great. It is well worth the trip down there, especially if you stay a few days and do some hikes/drives at the Grand-Staircase Escalante Monument or Capitol Reef. Capitol Burger in Torrey is also really good.

Had a nice weekend vacation with the wife.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          It isn't Salt Lake, but I don't really think it is worth doing a separate Boulder, Utah must eats thread.

Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder, Utah is great. It is well worth the trip down there, especially if you stay a few days and do some hikes/drives at the Grand-Staircase Escalante Monument or Capitol Reef. Capitol Burger in Torrey is also really good.

Had a nice weekend vacation with the wife.
          Yes, that place is a gem.

You picked a great weekend to go. I bet the fall colors were amazing. That road from Torrey to Boulder to Escalante is one of the most beautiful drives in America.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

You picked a great weekend to go. I bet the fall colors were amazing. That road from Torrey to Boulder to Escalante is one of the most beautiful drives in America.
            The weekend trip was great. We stayed in Escalante, so on the way down we hooked up with Highway 12 where it intersects with Highway 89 and drove that portion of the road to Escalante. On Sunday, we did the drive from Escalante to Torrey. Did a detour into Capitol Reef and did a scenic drive there as well. It was absolutely a great time to drive. The fall colors were mostly yellow with some transition to orange. No red yet.

Between the drive down and back we got to experience all of Highway 12. The thing that was so great about it was the variety of the drive. The different sections have such different scenery. It was my first time driving it. I'll definitely take another trip next fall.

With Hell's Backbone, the wild thing is the best thing that we ate was small place special of roasted spaghetti squash in a red pepper cream sauce. Really great stuff.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

And as you said, this is the perfect time to be there.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

And as you said, this is the perfect time to be there.
                The weather was also perfect. There was a decent cloud cover, but no rain for our lower calf creek hike. Weather was a nice mild 70a
                s for the whole hike.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Is there a Provo version of this thread? Looking for dinner tonight.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

los tapatios is awesome. quesabirria + mulita + consomme + sangria.
                    This place is becoming a problem for me. I've got food there 3 times in the past week. It is so close to my house and it is just easy to just go there and get some tacos. My go to order is 2 tacos (crispy with cheese) and consomme. No sangria at the Herriman location.

I'm going to try this place tonight on the way home to get my al pastor fix. https://www.elmorelense.com/
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

This place is becoming a problem for me. I've got food there 3 times in the past week. It is so close to my house and it is just easy to just go there and get some tacos. My go to order is 2 tacos (crispy with cheese) and consomme. No sangria at the Herriman location.

I'm going to try this place tonight on the way home to get my al pastor fix. https://www.elmorelense.com/
                      my wife really likes el morelense, but it isn't my cup of tea. i'll be curious to see what you think.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

I didn't know they had a location in Herriman. How long has it been there? I drop my kid off at the rec center every week but enter and leave from the east side. I'm going tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

I didn't know they had a location in Herriman. How long has it been there? I drop my kid off at the rec center every week but enter and leave from the east side. I'm going tonight.
                          It has been there around 3 months or so. Maybe a little longer.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                          X