Need help with SLC dining suggestion...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fusnik
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4475

    #1

    Need help with SLC dining suggestion...

    Best restaurant in SLC valley regardless of cuisine and price? Party of 4, want the best food. Bambara? Carvers? Tuscany? I'm at a loss here....TIA
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #2
    Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    Best restaurant in SLC valley regardless of cuisine and price? Party of 4, want the best food. Bambara? Carvers? Tuscany? I'm at a loss here....TIA
    We had our company Christmas party at Tuscany.

    I don't recommend it.

    Comment

    • fusnik
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 4475

      #3
      Thanks, Tuscany is out.

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #4
        I haven't been to the New Yorker in a while, but I've always considered it one of the best spots in SLC. Market Street might also be a good option.

        Comment

        • WashingtonCoug
          Monsters like me
          • Jan 2009
          • 1489

          #5
          Dee's
          "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
          —Abraham Maslow

          Comment

          • OhioBlue
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1129

            #6
            Haven't been there yet myself, but check out Forage as you're considering options.

            Comment

            • John McClain
              Comfortably Numb
              • Dec 2009
              • 1012

              #7
              Franck's is pretty good if it is still open (next to Tuscany).
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
              Albert Einstein

              Comment

              • scottie
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 5247

                #8
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                I haven't been to the New Yorker in a while, but I've always considered it one of the best spots in SLC. Market Street might also be a good option.
                Very hard to go wrong with Market Street; the downtown and Cottonwood locations are equally great.

                Comment

                • kccougar
                  9262
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7020

                  #9
                  Tiburon? I haven't been there for several years, but I remember it being very good.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                  Comment

                  • fusnik
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4475

                    #10
                    Forage is closed on Mondays. I've done the Metro, not a bad suggestion, and no PC is not too far.

                    Comment

                    • FMCoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6825

                      #11
                      1. Head West on I-80
                      2. Get off on Airport Exit
                      3. Get on airplane
                      4. Etc.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                      Comment

                      • MartyFunkhouser
                        Disciple of RNGesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18754

                        #12
                        Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                        1. Head West on I-80
                        2. Get off on Airport Exit
                        3. Get on airplane
                        4. Etc.
                        This is good stuff to post for cougarboard trolling. I am unsure why you would feel a need to post this here. SLC isn't great but it isn't without some very good food.

                        I would suggest Cucina Toscana.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #13
                          Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                          1. Head West on I-80
                          2. Get off on Airport Exit
                          3. Get on airplane
                          4. Etc.
                          LOL!!!!

                          Comment

                          • JohnnyLingo
                            La Naranja
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3976

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Space Ghost
                            If Park City is not too far, then it begins and ends with Glitretind at Deer Valley... best restaurant in Utah in my humble opinion (but I should note... haven't eaten there since 1999 on the occasion of our 5-yr anniversary). You might have a tough time getting in on the same day during the winter (is ski season open yet?).

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69717

                              #15
                              Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              This is good stuff to post for cougarboard trolling. I am unsure why you would feel a need to post this here. SLC isn't great but it isn't without some very good food.

                              I would suggest Cucina Toscana.
                              He's a one-trick pony.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              Working...