Funk family Christmas spread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mrs. Funk
    Lawyer Wannabe
    • Nov 2008
    • 2690

    #1

    Funk family Christmas spread

    So, we're doing a bit of an unconventional Christmas dinner. We both want homemade mac & cheese. I will be making biscuits, and possibly apple scones for dessert.

    Any other suggestions of what else we should have?
    "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
    So, we're doing a bit of an unconventional Christmas dinner. We both want homemade mac & cheese. I will be making biscuits, and possibly apple scones for dessert.

    Any other suggestions of what else we should have?
    I would suggest that you have me...over for dinner. I love carbs, so homemade mac and cheese, biscuits, and scones are all up my alley.

    We have a tradition of homemade pizza on Christmas eve, so I am getting ready to fire those up. The dough is rising as we speak.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      My wife vetoed the goose so we are doing a prime rib. It has been in the oven about 3 hours now.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Fiyero
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 5266

        #4
        I don't know what I'm having tomorrow. My home teacher invited me over; he's American but his wife is Chinese.

        Today I made falafel with couscous, grilled onions and white cucumber sauce. A little dish I picked up in Europe last summer.

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #5
          Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          I don't know what I'm having tomorrow. My home teacher invited me over; he's American but his wife is Chinese.

          Today I made falafel with couscous, grilled onions and white cucumber sauce. A little dish I picked up in Europe last summer.
          What time should I come over for dinner?
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16939

            #6
            Mrs. PAC is preparing prime rib in a way with which I am unfamiliar. She cooked it for an hour, then, keeping the oven sealed, is letting it sit for three hours or so, and then will do who knows what with it. All I know is that the smell permeates the house and I'm ready to eat. NOW. We're having a small mob here, and the younger demographic would prefer Mac-n-cheese, which is nice as it leaves more of the good stuff for me.

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #7
              Cut up some hot dogs into the mac and cheese. But not those cheap versions. Go with the Hebrew Nationals.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • RockyBalboa
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 2127

                #8
                It's gonna be a mad house at my Folks. Roughly 40 people for dinner tonight and then the annual Lundberg White Elephant Party.

                There are 3 Slowly Basting Roasts in the Oven.

                Comment

                • Mrs. Funk
                  Lawyer Wannabe
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 2690

                  #9
                  The mac and cheese is out of the oven and "resting" so all its lovely, fattening, cheesy goodness can coagulate before we partake. The biscuits will be coming out soon, too... yum...
                  "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #10
                    Tonight is one of those "special" dinner nights, so we're going all out at the Padrino house:

                    Take home Del Taco on Chinette.
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • Gidget
                      Philosophical Goldilocks
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1312

                      #11
                      Surfah and I shared our lovely Christmas Eve dinner with our daughter. Roast beef and potatoes . . . . . at Arby's. Mmmmmmmm, horsey sauce, yum. Of course I got the french dip, the usual.
                      I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

                      You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

                      Comment

                      • marsupial
                        Mississippi Queen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3678

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                        I don't know what I'm having tomorrow. My home teacher invited me over; he's American but his wife is Chinese.

                        Today I made falafel with couscous, grilled onions and white cucumber sauce. A little dish I picked up in Europe last summer.
                        When Danimal and I do Xmas at our house we always do falafel, tahini sauce, homemade pita, hummus, tabouleh and baklava.
                        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                        -Teenage Dirtbag

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69741

                          #13
                          We are going to grill some fresh fish and some pineapple.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #14
                            Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                            When Danimal and I do Xmas at our house we always do falafel, tahini sauce, homemade pita, hummus, tabouleh and baklava.
                            That's such a fun meal to make. We do the same thing at Easter.

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              We are going to grill some fresh fish and some pineapple.
                              We did grilled Fish Tacos on Christmas Eve, albacore tuna steaks with mango salsa. It's nice to have something light and healthy prior to the Christmas day gluttony.

                              Comment

                              Working...