Brugges waffle house...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fusnik
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4475

    #1

    Brugges waffle house...

    If anyone who has been to Belgium wants to be transported back through a food experience, go try the leige and frites. You will not be disappointed.
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #2
    Is this in Utah somewhere?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #3
      Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Is this in Utah somewhere?
      Yes it's in downtown SLC, I've been there. The menu has two items: waffles with sugar cubes mixed into the batter, and fries topped with mayonnaise. And there are variations on those two items, such as you can have your waffle dipped in chocolate and cinnamon.

      And there's always a line.

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37979

        #4
        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
        Yes it's in downtown SLC, I've been there. The menu has two items: waffles with sugar cubes mixed into the batter, and fries topped with mayonnaise. And there are variations on those two items, such as you can have your waffle dipped in chocolate and cinnamon.

        And there's always a line.
        Hater! That place is tasty. Its more like a food stand in a building than a restaurant.

        Also, the waffles have dough in them, not just sugar cubes. And the creme is delicious, especially with strawberries. Never tried the fries though, but I bet you can have them leave the mayo off.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #5
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Never tried the fries though, but I bet you can have them leave the mayo off.
          Not if they are going to be like Belgian frites. In fact, to be Belgian the potatoes must be blanched and then fried in lard (not just any oil; it must be lard) and then you must eat them in a paper cone with a huge dollop (mega dollop) citron laced mayo on top. Heart attack inducing but delicious.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37979

            #6
            Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Not if they are going to be like Belgian frites. In fact, to be Belgian the potatoes must be blanched and then fried in lard (not just any oil; it must be lard) and then you must eat them in a paper cone with a huge dollop (mega dollop) citron laced mayo on top. Heart attack inducing but delicious.
            I'll stick with the waffles.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Green Lantern
              Has overcome great fear
              • Aug 2009
              • 2289

              #7
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I'll stick with the waffles.
              Ah, but the different mayos they have are delicious!
              Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

              None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

              I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

              --Portland Ute

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37979

                #8
                Originally posted by Green Lantern View Post
                Ah, but the different mayos they have are delicious!
                Even so, there's no way I could handle a MEGA dollop of any flavor mayo.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • SteelBlue
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8189

                  #9
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Not if they are going to be like Belgian frites. In fact, to be Belgian the potatoes must be blanched and then fried in lard (not just any oil; it must be lard) and then you must eat them in a paper cone with a huge dollop (mega dollop) citron laced mayo on top. Heart attack inducing but delicious.
                  Ah, that takes me back. 'Twas a fine reward for a full day of rejection.

                  Comment

                  • Fiyero
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5266

                    #10
                    Tomorrow is spoken for, but maybe I'll go there on Friday, and return and report.

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                      Tomorrow is spoken for, but maybe I'll go there on Friday, and return and report.
                      What is the address?
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • MsBooksIt
                        Lacks a member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 28

                        #12
                        Our kids love this place. Because seriously, it's carb nirvana, and that's what my kids like. The mayo comes on the side (and they won't give you dirty looks if you take ketchup instead) and the best part of the whole experience, hands' down, is the amazing whipped cream. Whatever you get, make sure it comes with whipped cream. I lived in Belgium for a summer in college, and the frites seem pretty darn similar to the ones I bought in the friterie in Mons, although I never saw any chipotle mayo offered in Belgium.

                        It's at 336 W Broadway. On the north side of Pioneer Park (right next to Caputo's). I'd go while it's still light out.

                        Comment

                        • myboynoah
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 21719

                          #13
                          It's nice to find places like that in the U.S.

                          I could never find a decent baguette in the U.S. The odd thing is that Japan does baguettes very well. In fact, I recall a show on TV many years back which followed one man's quest to make authentic baguettes here in Japan.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37979

                            #14
                            Originally posted by MsBooksIt View Post
                            and the best part of the whole experience, hands' down, is the amazing whipped cream. Whatever you get, make sure it comes with whipped cream.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18750

                              #15
                              I went to this place for the 2nd time today. It is simply amazing. I was in SLC for a hearing and simply had no choice but to stop and get a waffle and frites. The owner is very nice and the food is amazing.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              Working...