The Call of Duty Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Call of Duty Thread

Man, this game looks awesome. wuap, get ready to completely ignore your classes.

[YOUTUBE]V4PMRFkx07g&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm taking the 10th off from work. Feel these nipples.

Comment

I only have a Wii, so I have to wait. But it looks pretty cool.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Personally, I wish COD would ditch the modern warfare theme. They can just make a new series of games called Modern Warfare. COD should be WW2 themed. I want to go back to shooting germans.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Personally, I wish COD would ditch the modern warfare theme. They can just make a new series of games called Modern Warfare. COD should be WW2 themed. I want to go back to shooting germans.
          I agree with this statement. COD means WWII. Though I wonder how cool it would be to have a WWI or War of Northern Aggression FPS game.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Activision sees the Call of Duty line of games as the proverbial Golden Goose, so I wouldn't be surprised if these CoD games keep coming out once a year.

To me, it doesn't really matter as long as Infinity Ward is the developer. I'm not a big fan of Treyarch. Infinity Ward has their stuff together and puts out quality titles, and Modern Warfare 2 looks to be no exception.

Plus, WW2 games are so overdone in my opinion. You've got CoD, Brothers In Arms, Battlefield, Wolfenstein. I prefer modern weapons and storylines.

Comment

Yep. And they heard you. MW2 no longer has the COD tag; it's simplly Modern Warefare 2.

MW2 will be the higest selling title of the calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                Yep. And they heard you. MW2 no longer has the COD tag; it's simplly Modern Warefare 2.

MW2 will be the higest selling title of the calendar year.
                I was under the impression that they added it in more recently because they were afraid not having the Call of Duty name attached may result in decreased awareness or sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                  Activision sees the Call of Duty line of games as the proverbial Golden Goose, so I wouldn't be surprised if these CoD games keep coming out once a year.

To me, it doesn't really matter as long as Infinity Ward is the developer. I'm not a big fan of Treyarch. Infinity Ward has their stuff together and puts out quality titles, and Modern Warfare 2 looks to be no exception.

Plus, WW2 games are so overdone in my opinion. You've got CoD, Brothers In Arms, Battlefield, Wolfenstein. I prefer modern weapons and storylines.
                  I think I was the only person that loved COD 3. I loved playing as medic and imo, that version of medic has been the best one so far. subsequent versions were not as fun.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                    I was under the impression that they added it in more recently because they were afraid not having the Call of Duty name attached may result in decreased awareness or sales.
                    Maybe they have updated it, but the site and collateral on it don't have COD...

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.c...US/VIDEO/AC130

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                      Maybe they have updated it, but the site and collateral on it don't have COD...

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.c...US/VIDEO/AC130
                      I'm gonna take my dorkiness to the next level here. You can see from this video that only the regular $60 version of the game has the Call of Duty language on the cover. The Hardened and Prestige editions don't have it. I've got the Hardened edition on preorder.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMSS12iY1X0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMSS12iY1X0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        I agree with this statement. COD means WWII. Though I wonder how cool it would be to have a WWI or War of Northern Aggression FPS game.
                        I actually love the idea of a WWI game... but it would have to include everything: Digging trenches, laying barbed wire, sitting around for months on end (the game should actually take months), having to wear a gas mask, etc. I'd love to see a game that provided a real-time experience of being in the war. Any war, really. I'm being serious here... it wouldn't play to the "shooter" type of player, but it would be great for the person who wants to see what it would really be like to be in a war.

Think of it, actually... what if there was a game that didn't allow you to go back to a previously-saved point and try again... If you die, the game's over for you and you have to start from the beginning. That would be the only way to simulate the fear someone would have in a war... people would be as careful with their playing as the soldier is in real life (obviously not to the same degree, but the effect is the same).

What if there was a Spanish Civil War game that actually simulated the reality of that war... Setting up sniper stations in the tallest buildings in Barcelona, barricading yourself inside a hotel for a week, standing on a train platform waiting for the train for several hours. Drinking coffee, shooting at nothing. Arguing politics with the other soldiers. Going into intellectuals' homes, dragging them outside, and assassinating them.

It would be a completely different kind of game, but what an experience!
                        Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

To those of you who have ordered/will buy this game, what system? I am trying to decide if I should buy an Xbox or PS3 to play grown-up games or if I should just only stick with a Wii.
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

I think I was the only person that loved COD 3. I loved playing as medic and imo, that version of medic has been the best one so far. subsequent versions were not as fun.
                            I would agree that you are probably the only person that loved COD3. It can't hold a candle to anything that IW can produce. I didn't care for COD World at War. I like the campaign but not the multiplayer. IW does a superior job on the online game play, the sounds, the movement, etc.

I can't wait until this one comes out.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                              To those of you who have ordered/will buy this game, what system? I am trying to decide if I should buy an Xbox or PS3 to play grown-up games or if I should just only stick with a Wii.
                              This has been talked about here quite a bit. FTR, if you plan on playing online go with the XBox. If you don't have a blue ray player and you aren't going to play online, go with the PS3
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Working...
                              X